1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looks like Tuberville May be Coming to Arkansas

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Nov 29, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

OK...huge step down, if true it better be a lot of money for his sake.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saban Back to LSU?

I've heard rumblings about LSU trying to get Saban back if Miles goes to Michigan as expected.

Any truth to this, Bobby?

4. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes you say that it is a "huge" step down? I'm not sure it is a step down at all. I'm not a Razorback fan (yet), and I think it is a good move.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Nah. Everyone is off on this. A source close to the story has told me that Saban is a lock to be the next swimming coach at Northern Iowa. :thumbs:

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I didn't know they paid swimmin' coaches so well!!!!! 5,000,000 "Doughnuts" to teach somebody how to hold their head above the water???? I'll take it!!!!:laugh:

The "rumbling" that I hear in Baton Rouge is that Saban stabbed LSU in the back when he took over for the "Tide"----I think the fan base would run Burkman out of town if he remotely thought of the slightest possiblity of talking to Saban for a second round!!!!

Tuberville is another "Rumor" talk---the thought of him being hired by LSU is a JOKE!!!! After what he and several Auburn players did at midfield in the pregame warmup several years ago??? Game Officials throwing a yellow flag and chargiing Unsportsman like conduct called on the coach before the opening kickoff---smoking cigars and stompin' all over the "Eye of the Tiger" midfield icon????? The LSU fan base has a bad taste in their mouths for Tuberville!!!!

Rumor has it that Burkman will have Bo Pelini as head coach if Miles leaves!!! That is if Pelini doesn't become a
    "'Husker"-----which he'd be the dumbest fool for not taking Osborne's offer!!!!

#6 blackbird, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  7. rbell

rbell Active Member

sources down this way are saying there's no validity to the Arkansas rumors. As of this morning, no one has asked for permission from Arkansas to talk to Tuberville.

I know...that doesn't mean anything....:D

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder about the Tuberville idea myself.

Time will tell.

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Tuberville is wonderin' the same thing!!!!!:type:

10. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Well, the rumor here in Florida is that the old Gator coach is going to LSU.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Spurrier isn't likely to go to LSU. He couldn't get interviewed there when he wanted the job after turning Duke around and his stent in the USFL. HE's never let that go. He never lets anything go. He loves being at SCAR so he can play FLA to try and stab Jeremy Foley in the back, and play TN every year for UT not recruiting him "enough" as he put it.

Tuberville jumping to Arkansas would be perceived as a step down. However, Tuberville has a huge opinion of himself and he feels he is not being appreciated on the plains. He would love to be the "man" somewhere. I just don't know if Fayetteville is the place.

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My Soul & Body, Tom!!!! Tubby's done beat Alabama 6 blessed times in a row-----how much more appreciation does he want????:laugh: :laugh:

If I were an Auburn fan----you bet I'd appreciate him for that---if thats the only thing he did!!!!

#12 blackbird, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  13. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

It isn't the fans that don't appreciate him. His rocky relationship with Auburn's administration is well known and their attempts to oust him and replace him with Bobby Petrino are legendary now.

The fans love him. It's the admin that's got the problem.-

14. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Jeremy and Steve are friends, they were together for the basketball championship and they play golf together, often. Steve's Heisman Trophy is still at Fl. The school's president is the one who didn't want Steve, but he is still a big Gator backer.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Tuberville idea doesn't work out then it could be Brent Venables, the DC of Oklahoma(the 10th rated scoring defense in Division I this season). He has connections to our new AD, Jeff Long. As long as Venables brought in a quality OC I would be happy with this hiring.

#15 KenH, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  16. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

The Vols are playing in the SEC Championship Game. :) Arkansas would be Tuberville's third SEC team; what's the record for most teams coached in the South Eastern Conference?

17. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not just third SEC team. Third SEC WEST team. That's half of the western division!

18. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You are correct. I know they aren't talking about it, but Tommy's style of ball and attitude and how he works with others would go well at Nebraska.

19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't know, but Foley was publicly thrown under the bus by Stevie boy when Spurrious went to SCAR and not FLA. And you are right that FLA president and Stevie boy are not the best of friends.

Tuberville is not as regarded amongst Auburn fans as you might think. Many of the bloggers and talk-radio types believe Tuberville is not getting the mileage out of their talent. The one ace in his hole is that he does own Bama. Tuberville's PR problems are somewhat self-inflicted. The fact that he's entertained some jobs hasn't endeared him. But Auburn should wise up and keep him.

20. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Down here in Fl. and we could get the thing wrong, but the papers had Foley saying he was trying to get Steve to come back and the president said Steve could interview for the job. Steve said he had not agreed to come back but was talking to Foley but his past record good and bad would be his record but no interview for any coaching job except for a deal both sides could live with. Maybe Foley and Steve aren't saying the same thing here in Fl. or SC, they are seen together to much in my book to be from different schools, but that is Steve. Steve openly pulls for Fl. except when they play SC.

I don't know, but I think Tommy is going to stay where he is.