1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lordship Required for Salvation??

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 2, 2004.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Mansfield? [​IMG]

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

You tell him Dr Bob. I'm not supposed to be here.

lacy

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Don't feel bad, Lacy. Dr. Bob moved one of my threads to the ozone layer and closed another thread when I brought it back on topic. However, this board does not belong to us, and the moderators have the right to play with it any way they like, including throwing the sandbox sand right in our faces. But the good part of it is that they are tolerant enough of us to allow us to throw some of the sand right back and continue to post on this board.

[​IMG]

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ANYONE may start a topic on a subject and ask for RESTRICTIONS in the response. We moderators try to honor such.

So we may have a topic and ask ONLY the KJVO respond. Or NOT have any KJVO respond.

The Millennial Exclusion (burn in hell) group - many of whom are Pastor Faust's prodigy from Mansfield, Texas, hence the title "mansfield" sect - group have come into a couple of threads and TOTALLY HIJACKED them.

On this thread, we have asked that they no longer post here to hijack it. That's all. They are still allowed to post or start topics etc. That's not my call. If it were up to me, they would be limited. Personal opinion that they are teaching a truly wrong theology.

Hope that clarifies.

Oh, btw, the "banishing" to another location is moving a debate on calvinism (eternal security v arminian/pelagianism) to the proper Forum. Calvinism. Duh. Where it should have been.

We moderators move topics daily.

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Then I will take my elephant elsewhere. Perhaps you could convey this policy decision to Bible-boy.

Love Mansfield

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Askjo has not studied church history to make a statement like that. What about Peter when he denied Jesus three times?

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you are saying Jesus died twice? I don't think so. He died once and then rose.

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I wouldn't call that two salvations, but simply say that we are saved by faith and have to continue to live the Christian life with faith.

And just like we recive God's grace and gift of salvation when we repent of our sins and put our trust in him, we also recive God's grace and the power to overcome sin, when we "confess our sins", or agree with God that our sin is wrong, and allow the Holy Spirit to work in our lives to free us from the bondage that sin holds on our lives.

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

So you are saying Jesus died twice? I don't think so. He died once and then rose. </font>[/QUOTE]If I was aloud to speak, I might even say there are 3 types of salvation in the bible.

10. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Acts 27:31 Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship,ye cannot be saved.

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Someone stop that man!

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

To say there are types of salvation is very different than salvation itself. Without looking it up, was not the flood during the days of Noah a type of salvation? But that is not salvation in Jesus.

Acts 4:12, "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."