1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lordship Salvation Controversy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 6, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a thought. Do we come to Christ and or God for salvation or did God come to us through Christ born a man child, died a man child and was resurrected a man child, with salvation?

Let God be God.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Stanley say that on a regular basis? I have not heard him so.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I did not say that I did not like IFB. I said that they may be easy believism.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you listened to his The Only Door to Heaven podcast on 12/9/11? In it does he say that Christ is the only way to Heaven. He also says that believing and obedience are in the same category. He does not say that one can confess Christ and then live like the devil.

14:00- He says you cant be saved and live like the devil. If you do, then you are not saved.

14:30- The judgment of God will come. If you have been born again you have Gods spirit that if you sin you will be convicted. If you sin and are not convicted then you will go to Hell. Going to church does not save you.

16:00- He rebukes Fundamentalist churches because they are all about getting saved, and not about sanctification and living the Godly life.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I did not say you do not like IFB churches, but the discussion is contrasting LS churches versus easy believeism churches, and I simply pointed out that easy believeism churches are often accused of making salvation too easy AND of being legalistic. Easy believeism churches are also known for their strong stand against sin.

Lordship Salvation churches make a big deal over sincere repentance, but often the folks who are so quick to criticize easy believeism live a very loose lifestyle.

And I quoted John MacArthur himself who agrees with my observation. He noted how many young Reformed love to drink, smoke, wear tattoos, listen to heavy metal, curse, and many other "vices" (his words, not mine).

Most folks call this HYPOCRISY.

#25 Winman, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eph 2:8-10 says that works do not make our salvation. Why did you say that?

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

Salvation is a free gift, you cannot earn salvation through works.

I am saying that LS churches tend to judge folks by their works. We have a fellow here who is a strong LS believer, and he is always criticizing folks for sinning. He goes many days without sinning (according to his own words). He believes if you are sinning, you are not saved.

And I am pointing out the hypocrisy of many who hold to LS. They criticize easy believeism, and in the next breath criticize these same churches for having so many "rules".

Yet, as John MacArthur himself pointed out, many of these folks who criticize easy believeism live a very loose Christianity.

Maybe some of you LS guys should join an easy believeism church. We seem to be getting better results.

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I sense from this discussion that those who favor LS have a different definition from those who oppose it. So, it would be helpful if there could be some agreement on just what it is.

Same thing with "easy believeism." What's the definition?

9. mandym

mandym New Member

What happens is definitions arise based on characterizations of the others view. Kind of like in the cal, non cal debates.

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Okay, I'll take a crack at it.

LS is the view that one cannot take Jesus as Savior at one point and Lord sometime later. The scriptures say believe on the LORD Jesus Christ and be saved. (Acts 16:31)

They also say one must confess with his mouth that Jesus is LORD (and believe that he rose from the dead)... Romans 10:9

To me, LS is simply confessing Jesus as Lord as well as Savior.

Easy believism, in my view is best expressed in walking the aisle, saying the prayer, or one-two-three, repeat after me, raise your hand. The appeal is to believe with little emphasis on obedience.

mandy, you're probably right, we'll have some differing definitions. So let's lay them out here, so at least we'll have some frame of reference for each other's view.