1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lordship Salvation Defended

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Like He's the Genie Lord Jesus.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    he must be busy answering the 4 questions and working through the article...the 9 points O.R. asked him to work through.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stopped taking him serious a long time ago. Aside from the intentional misspelling he avoids dealing with scripture people use to support their position he opposes.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Kyred asked him dozens of times for scripture.....I think he used scripture in one post some months ago.

He makes statements that if he answered the questions people ask him...he would see that his ideas cannot be sustained.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. DHK is right. Again!:thumbs:

6. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

Can someone tell me where I missed the post that the OP seems to have alluded to in the title? I never once saw the OP defend LS.

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is true! LS simply sneaks ultimate justifcation by works through a back door labeled as grace. Where there is no works there is no salvation according to LS.

The proof texts used by LS confuse discipleship with salvation or confuse the state of the internal man with the state of the external life of the man.

The true difference between saved and lost is not sin. It is their attitude toward sin and the fact they cannot escape chastening consequences of sin. In addition they persevere in saving faith (1 Jn. 2:19). Other than that, we find complete extreme lives side by side of saved person as Abraham compared to Lot.

If you are a LS person, please point out VISIBLE EXTERNAL characteristic righteousness in the life of Lot?? Peter says he was saved but based it upon UNSEEN characteristic righteousness - HIS HEART was vexed.

8. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this is the problem, you think discipleship and conversion unto salvation are distinct. The conversation that Jesus has w/ the rich young ruler and subsequently w/ the disciples makes it apparent that Jesus equated salvation and eternal life with following him or discipleship (Mark 10:17-31).

I also think Col. 2:6-7 indicates that faith in Jesus as Lord is first and after that you have the rooting and growth. So there is more biblical proof that Lordship salvation is correct.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it’s not true, DHK is wrong. The only part of our salvation this side of eternity that is a ‘one time event’ is regeneration. That occurs only once. Our gospel salvation is an ongoing affair for the entirety of our stay in this realm of time. We absolutely must hold fast and continue in the faith in order to reap the bennies of the kingdom:

Take heed to thyself, and to thy teaching. Continue in these things; for in doing this thou shalt save both thyself and them that hear thee. 1 Tim 4:16

for the word of the cross to those indeed perishing is foolishness, and to us -- those being saved -- it is the power of God, 1 Cor 1:18 YLT

So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure. Phil 2:12,13

......to present you holy and without blemish and unreproveable before him: if so be that ye continue in the faith, grounded and stedfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel which ye heard, Col 1:22,23

Behold then the goodness and severity of God: toward them that fell, severity; but toward thee, God`s goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. Ro 11:22

Now I make known unto you brethren, the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye received, wherein also ye stand, by which also ye are saved, if ye hold fast the word which I preached unto you, except ye believed in vain. 1 Cor 15:1,2

but Christ as a son, over his house; whose house are we, if we hold fast our boldness and the glorying of our hope firm unto the end...... for we are become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence firm unto the end: Heb 3:6,14

One area that LS is dead wrong is the supposition that His children will always not only persevere but grow. They won’t hear of the possibility that the redeemed can make shipwreck of their faith. Also, the BOLD sin has always been a real danger for His children to fall into:

Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me... Ps 19:13

For ye, brethren, were called for freedom; only use not your freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through love be servants one to another. Gal 5:13

as free, and not using your freedom for a cloak of wickedness, but as bondservants of God. 1 Pet 2:16

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here are the possible conclusions of your post:
    1. We have a bunch of unsaved but regenerated mad people running around on this earth.
    2. At any time a person can lose his salvation because "he does not continue."
    3. It is a "works based salvation" if one must continue," no different than pagan religions.
    4. It is a denial that God's grace was sufficient enough to save us, that is, that we have to add to the work of the cross, by "continuing," obeying, etc.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ky red the judges have ruled post 109 the winner and everyone should be in agreement with what you posted

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

DHK is wrong and so are you and y1 is lost in the weeds somewhere!

No one yet has shown where Lordship Salvation is a works based Salvation. I see nowhere in Scripture where discipleship is an option. The Scripture posted by the Ky redneck above show that the opposite is true.

Salvation is a supernatural transaction between God and man. Scripture nowhere states that God saved us and then left us on our own. Rather the opposite is true. The God of Scripture is active in the lives of those He has redeemed and when the believer lapses into sin we have the chastening of God:

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

13. OldRegular

Hold on there Icon, don't be hasty!:smilewinkgrin:

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::wavey:yes could be they just got very excited at the very fine versus Kyred offered

15. OldRegular

Reminds me a little of my old friend Teddy; "Speak softly but carry a big stick."

16. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He didn't and I doubt he will. His defense always end up being read this book by this author so no actual defense of anything. I noticed in another thread he said he could debate the topic without books but he has not returned to answer anyones objections to his point.

17. OldRegular

Whether evan can defend his OP or not there is nothing in the link posted by Icon and me where MacArthur describes his view of Lordship Salvation that can be called "Works Salvation". At least no one has accepted the challenge to do so!

18. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

But when someone starts a thread claiming it is a defense of LS, they should be able to do so. And I never voiced any opinion, only challenging the OP to actually defend his stance, not point people to books.

19. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have a problem with what MacArthur says, in fact I have both his books on the subject of LS. I think the problem is that Evan never defined LS for this OP nor has he defended it. It seems he has abandoned this tread as is his MO when questions are asked of him that he can't or won't answer.

20. OldRegular

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact Evan posts as many threads on theology as poncho does on politics. Really more than anyone could adequately defend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.