1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lordship Salvation? - Part Two

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DeafPosttrib, Jul 16, 2007.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Amy His blood doesn't wash ALL your sins away past present and future when you are eternally saved. If that were the case there would be no need to confess your sins. You are cleansed from your past sins, but your present and future sins, must have the blood applied to them. That is why we still need an Advocate before the Father when we sin. That's why His blood is still on the mercy seat.

Scripture tells us that God is faithful and just to forgive us IF we confess, but guess what happens if we don't confess. Do you think God just winks at your sins and says ah that's okay. I know you didn't seek forgiveness like I told you, but it's really okay I didn't mean that.

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

This is the biggest bunch of heresy that has been proclaimed yet.

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well then please explain to me why I have to confess something that is already forgiven?

And while you are at it please explain to me why I John 1:9 says IF we confess He will forgive.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

You and I have had this conversation already. You lost it then and I am not going round over it with you again. Your wrong and you espouse another gospel.

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Really? I'm unaware of this conversation. Can you re-direct me to the thread where we discussed this?

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, let's continue with us posting Scripture, you saying, "No it isn't!" without and Scripture, then proclaiming "victory", shall we?

When we talk about walking after a holy lifestyle, we’re talking about walking after the commandments. 2 John 1:6 tells us, "And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it."

This verse says that we can walk after the commandments. It tells us that we should be walking after them. But, when we fall short, we have the precious, powerful blood of Jesus Christ, which will provide for us a washing and a cleansing. As Christians, when we find ourselves giving in to temptation, we have a high priest who is able to wash us and cleanse us in our walk, and this is part of our walk.

If we are cleansed from all sins past, present, and future, then we wouldn't need the blood of Christ to cleanse; we would already be cleansed, and 1 John 1:9 would be absolutely pointless. If we're already cleansed, we don't need to confess them, and we don't need them forgiven.

You have to remember, the blood is separated from his death. He died for all. All men might be saved. (2 Corinthians 5:14: or the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:)

But, Matthew 26:28 tells us, "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

He died for all that they might be saved. Everyone can be saved. But, not everyone who is saved will take advantage of his precious blood and confess sins, etc. Some practice lawlessness; doing what is right in their own eyes; thinking there is no sin and it's all good. Others think that they don't need to continuously confess because they think all their future sins are already forgiven.

His blood is powerful enough to cleanse us from all sins. When we are saved, we are forgiven for all our sins. But, we are commanded to continually confess our sins, and he has promised that if we do, he will forgive them.

7. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

He Went Away Sad & Unsaved

Amy is correct here, but I would revise to say he valued his possessions above God.

Please see my article, The Rich Young Ruler.

It was the tenth commandment that would convict the rich young man of his sin. The Lord was now using that commandment to bring this young man face to face with his sin: “Thou shalt not covet” (Exodus 20:17).

Jesus put His finger on the very spot in this young man's life where the Law would condemn him. Now this young man realizes he can no longer depend on his works. He realized his condemnation under the Law, under living a life of works.

He came to Jesus unsaved, and went away usaved.

LM

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Bingo.

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I'm still wondering why he went away unsaved WITHOUT Christ sharing the good news with him? Don't you think this guy at least deserved to hear the Truth?

By the way I'm still wondering why Jesus didn't tell him he lacked faith. Maybe you want to take a crack at these two LM since no one else does.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

You both presume without any basis that this means Christs blood is limited to only atoning to the past sins. That does not say that in this scripture. Nor does it say it anywhere in scripture.

11. mmetts

mmetts New Member

The ruler did hear the truth. Christ himself told him what he ought to do. I think that he had the truth too, or else why would he have had sorrow after hearing Christ's conviction? I don't mean the truth of salvation, but truth of principles. Since he went away with sorrow too, it is easy to imagine (outside the context of scripture now) that Jesus' word's could have taken root and made him a believer. Since he had sorrow, he had conviction. Was he going to live in the prison of his riches with his convictions the rest of his life? I certainly hope not.

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Typical free-willer response.

Why did Jesus say that we must eat his flesh and drink his blood instead of saying that we must engage in the Lord's supper? Don't you think most, if not all of the folks would have stayed if He put it that way? I do. I guess Jesus made a bad call there.

Why did Jesus tell people their father was the devil? That doesn't sound like good evangelism to me. Don't you think He should have been more polite and tried to win their souls?

We know so much better than Jesus did, don't we?

13. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Why do I have to confess something that is already forgiven? Better yet why does God say He is going to forgive something that is already forgiven.

14. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Boy this just gets better and better with every post. Please show me where Jesus told the ruler that He loved him, that He was going to die for him and that He was going to shed His blood for him and that if he believed that he would be saved.

OH WAIT. HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

Sorry the Truth of the gospel of salvation by grace through faith was not shared with this man.

Now wonder why that is?

15. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

You obviously think so. Jesus said this man lacked ONE THING and it WASN'T FAITH, but yet you keep insisting that he lacked more than one thing, so I'm not sure why you think you know more than Jesus does. It's still puzzling, but nobody wants to put forth an answer.

By the way free-will/calvinism has nothing to do with this unless you want to say this man was a non-elect and therefore didn't deserve to hear the Truth of the gospel of grace through faith.

Fact of the matter is this man came to Christ acknowleged Him in a positive manner and inquired about a family matter. Christ repsonded as if this man was part of the family and dealt with him as such.

You won't believe the Words of God Himself why do I think you are going to listen to me. I think it's time for me to walk away again.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Chastening is done in this lifetime as we are being conformed to the image of Chirst. Once we die, the process is over. We are appointed once to die and after that the judgement. Not the punishment or the chastening, the judgement. Believers will judged at the JSOC for works, not sins. Sins are already paid for by the blood of Christ.

17. mmetts

mmetts New Member

I'm beginning to see a trend to your posts.

18. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Again I will ask. What scripture says that Christs blood is limited to only past sins?

19. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

You think you are right. My questions shouldn't be hard to answer for you. Why do I have to confess something that is already forgiven. All I'm doing is reminding God of something He said is as far removed as the east is from the west. And I wonder why He said He will forgive what has already been forgiven if I will confess.

Come on these should be easy questions to answer if you are so right and I'm so wrong. Just pony up with an answer.

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well I don't have your cute little icon, but just pretend this is me being a Berean like you - :type: - please show me in Scripture where chastening is limited "only" to this lifetime.

And then explain what happens to those Christians that refuse to be chastened in this lifetime. Do they just get to skip the process?

Really so all your works that burn as wood, hay and stubble those aren't sins? Just works? How is doing something against God's will just a work and not a sin? How about not doing something that God told you to do? How is that just a lack of work and not a sin?