1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lordship Salvation vs. Free Grace

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 26, 2012.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Very well stated. You said this better than I could ever do. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check Apostle paul, as he stated that ALL saints shall appear before jesus for a judgement o ftheir good works/deed done for him, and some will make it in "by the skin of their teeth", as ALL works was worthless, and ALL they had was Jesus, but that is always enough!

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think we are warning against going tot he extreme position of 'sinless perfection", as no one has assurance of their salvation if that is held up!

thankfully, a true christian will never 'enjoy their sin" for more than a short season, if at all, as the Holy Spirit will keep on convicting them!

4. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

:thumbsup: Well said.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with the others, well said. :thumbs:

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yea, I agree with maybe a bit of a caveat.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to veer a bit from some of my fellow reformed brethren on this one.

Truly Christian people commit all kinds of terrible sins- and many of them commit them often and continually.

We know this because of passages like the one you provide here and many others like it.

HOWEVER...

It is extremely important for ALL OF US to agree on this: believing that Jesus Christ is Lord is ESSENTIAL to salvation. Bowing ones self to his Lordship is essential.

Absolutely ESSENTIAL.

But what this does not mean is the immediate reduction of sinning in your life to where you might sin a bunch but not enough to be called any of the sin titles in Corinthians 6.

The idea some seem to promote is that you might commit adultery but you will do it so rarely that you could avoid being called an adulterer.

You might commit adultery only once every fifteen years- but that's ok.

As long as you don't commit it every 6 years- THEN YOU'RE AN ADULTERER!!!

See that just does not make sense to me.

But what I PLEAD for everyone to do is not swing the pendulum against this thinking too far the other way where one declares- "Oh you don't even have to recognize in any meaningful way that Jesus Christ is Lord in order to be saved!"

That is deadly thinking.