1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lordship Salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jordan Kurecki, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Firstly:For those who hold to Lordship Salvation, Could you please explain your view of the doctrine and what scriptures you use to justify the position.

Secondly: I want to state that I do not hold to the "Say a prayer Easy Believism" Which is why I am always sure to emphasize repentance and the law when dealing with sinners.

Thirdly: Do those who hold to Lordship Salvation believe Salvation can be lost?

I'm just looking for clarification.

My perception of Lordship Salvation is that it is an overreaction to Easy Believism, And confuses the Fruit of Salvation as a requirement for Salvation, which to me would be in danger of teaching works salvation.

#1 Jordan Kurecki, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  2. thisnumbersdisconnected

There have been a half-dozen threads on the subject just in the last three months. I think you will find many attempts to answer your questions -- note, I said "attempts to answer," not actual answers -- in those threads.

3. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The gospel is summarized in its shortest statement in 3 words: "Jesus is Lord."

2Co 4:5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.

1Co 12:3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says "Jesus is accursed!" and no one can say "Jesus is Lord" except in the Holy Spirit.

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I like how NT Wright put it:

#3 Greektim, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Some people want a Savior but not a Lord. Some people want fire insurance but have no heart for the God of salvation.

However, Jesus said "If ye love me, keep my commandments. "

If there is no desire to actually follow after Christ then there is no salvation.

Lordship is not about perfection down to the minutia. It is about the intent to follow Jesus and obey Him.

Salvation my come to those whom God has prepared their hearts long before we have approached them and they are ready to give their hearts to God right on the spot. Other still will need some time and further study and conversations.

No, not sure why that would even come into this equation.

It is not an overreaction of any sort. All Christians will have fruit. Not to be saved but because they are saved. If there is no fruit there is no salvation.

Mat_7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :applause::applause::thumbsup: