1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Losing Our Sons

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Jun 8, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Last September, in fact it was on 9/11/2011, the 10th anniversary of the tragic attack by Islamic terrorists, I had the opportunity to meet two fathers of young men. The son of one of the men was an Army recruiter who was shot dead outside of an Army recruiting station in Little Rock AR. The son of the other father was the one who shot and killed him.

These two sons both came from middle class American families. The one chose to wear the uniform of his country's military.

The other one had a promising future in perhaps taking over his father's business in Memphis TN. What changed this young man into a murderer was because he got swept up into radical Islamic Jihadism which eventually led him to target that man who wore the uniform of his country and take his life.

These two fathers eventually became close friends and have made appearances together in different venues under the auspices of Americans for Peace and Tolerance, an organization whose goal is to promote peaceful coexistence in an ethnicall diverse America.

At this meeting they showed the raw footage of a video which eventually resulted in the professionally produced video entitled "Losing Our Sons."

Below is a link that gives you a trailer to the video along with some snippets into the background of the two young men that were involved in the 2009 Little Rock shooting incident.

While I'm not particularly an emotional person, as I watched the video I did experience several emotions. I think you will too. Here's the link to the trailer: (Click on all the boxes below the main one to get a better idea of what the video is all about.)

http://www.losingoursons.com

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

If any of you happened to watch the Huckabee show on Fox News over this past weekend (June 16-17), there was a segment he devoted to interviewing the two fathers mentioned in my OP.

I would urge my BB friends to take some time to examine the threat that radical Islam poses to our society. These two fathers and their families are just one example of what can happen if we fail to recognize this threat.

It isn't my wish to be considered an alarmist, but if we as Christians do nothing at all to find out what these radical Islamists are seeking to do to our society, then I believe we may risk losing a lot of what we hold dear.

If nothing else, at least take the time to view the clips of this documentary DVD that's found at www.losingoursons.com

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I agree it is time to take a stand against radical Islam. I hope it isn't too late. Seems our current administartion is in bed with them. This may be where we have to endure persecution. We need to start on our knees. :praying:

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Is radical Islam different than radical Christianity?

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

How many people in this century have been killed by what you call "radical" Christians?