1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Losing Your Salvation?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, May 12, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

Probably the vast majority of you say that its not possible to lose your salvation.

i believe you can:

my dad used to be a full-on christian. getting into the word - studying it - trying to memorize it - he knew he was saved by grace through faith according to scripture.

and now he has rejected Christ - he believes christians believe in three different Gods - that Jesus was not God - that he had sinned - and has out and out rejected Jesus Christ.

do you think he lost his salvation?
    now dont go saying that he never had it in the first place - i've said this before and will say it again - if you accept Christ, it means you've accepted him. if you've rejected Christ - it doesn't mean that you never accepted him in the first place - it means you have rejected him.

God bless,
    please pray for my dad.
    gek.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry to hear about your dad Gek!

3. gekko

gekko New Member

hey thanks.

i forgot to mention what he's into now - Orthodox Judaism - the oral torah and some other kind of whack books.

God bless

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Gekko,

Concerning your dad, 'bummer'...

I'll do my best to remember him when I pray...

SMM

5. gekko

gekko New Member

thanks muchly

6. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Gekko, I also would like to express my concern over your dad turning away from Christ. But if your dad accepted Christ's death as his substitute and believed Christ's blood was shed to pay the penalty for his sin, then I see no Scriptural evidence that says he is now lost since he has turned his back on Christ. Christ will not turn His back on your dad as far as eternal salvation is concerned.

Continue to pray that your dad like the prodigal son will return at some point in his life!

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He sounds like the plant that the weeds choked out. If he truly gave his life to Christ, he is saved, regardless of what trash satan has planted into his mind. I think a true sign would be if he has gone on living life normally, or if he has been through some very rough stretches. God will chasten His children...to the point of death.

Your father's story sounds a lot like my sisters. She was saved, active in Church, until her late teen years. She never had a boyfriend in school, and the first guy that showed any interest in her, she fell for. This guy was into vampirism, witchcraft and other cultish things. My sister loved him so much that her thinking became warped by her relationship. She started dabbling in this garbage, too. In a span of 5 years she had one surgery, 6 car accidents, near bankruptcy, estranged herself from the family, and eventually died a painful death at the age of 25 from carbon monoxide poisoning (along with her boyfriend). They found her dead on her knees, which I find ironic...that it took that to bring her to her knees. I do not doubt that I will see her again in Heaven. Even during her span of unrighteous living, my fiancee at the time was saved. My sister was thrilled for her, and said something along the lines of "I'll get my life back together someday".

8. gekko

gekko New Member

well - i know Christ will not turn his back on us - but we can turn our back on him - and that is what matters.

my dad believes he's going to heaven though - he says he's repented of his sin - and that he only has to go to the Father. just like abraham - was saved by faith. that kinda thing. he believes that christians are decieved - and that God sent Jesus to decieve people like us - and that it was a good thing the Jews rejected Jesus because he isn't God...

that's crazy about your sister webdog...

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Blessedly, it doesn't matter if you turn your back on God. He's faithful to his word.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen [​IMG]
    I would like to know who the exception is to "no man can remove them from My Father's hand"

11. gekko

gekko New Member

woah woah woah.

so you can become a true christian - turn your back on God - and still go to heaven?

is that what your saying?

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's not what I say, it's what God says. Read Hebrews 6. If salvation were dependant on us, we could, but it's not.

13. Living_stone

Living_stone New Member

I wouln't mind his take on Isaiah 53...

Though I have to wonder if, in part, part of what throws him off is the many competeing factions of Christianity - especially considering he converted to Orthodox Judaism. That kept me away from Christ for years. He founded a Church, and until I saw that, I couldn't take Christianity seriously. He gave us the Bishops for a reason.

14. Living_stone

Living_stone New Member

This, like the quote in Romans 8:35-39, says a lot about outside forces seperating us from God. They say nothing about US seperating ourselves from God.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This, like the quote in Romans 8:35-39, says a lot about outside forces seperating us from God. They say nothing about US seperating ourselves from God. </font>[/QUOTE]So you are saying there are exceptions to "no man". Should I listen to the Bible or you? WE are included in "no man", or Scripture would not have stated it.

16. gekko

gekko New Member

his take on Isaiah 53?

i dont know fully. he doesn't believe its about the jews in the holocaust i know that. every time i've asked him he just doesn't say much about it...

also he has said "Jesus is NOT God"

and so i say back "that is an absolute statement... in order to make an absolute statement - one needs to know everything about the subject. For me to say that there is no gold in china - i need to know what is in everybody's mouth - under every rock - every jewlerry piece - i need to know everything - what's under the soil etc... but for me to say there IS gold in china - all i need is one piece of evidence say in jewlery - and i can say there is gold in china. for you to say that Jesus is not God - you need to know everything. need to be omnicient" (sp?)

and that stumped him.

but i absolutely abhor getting into intellectual arguments with him - i get frustrated too much if that happens.

i think he does believe that Isaiah 53 is about the messiah - but not Jesus.

here's another one he throws out: "If Jesus is God - why when he was on earth did he not know when he was coming back? if Jesus is God - and God knows everything - how come he didn't know?"

you know the verse "not even the Son of man knows... etc." can't find it...

and yes i believe he said that it was the evangelical church that threw him off.

17. gekko

gekko New Member

he also uses this verse to prove that Jesus was a false prophet - matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

what do you make of that?
    theres another verse im going to find after i press the post button..

18. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Where there's Life there's hope...

Does it really matter what we think about losing our salvation if the person who is acting on a particular belief, believes differently?

I hesitate to share this.

It's long...

But, maybe it will illuminate some of my feelings on this subject...

When I was a young single sailor on Guam I was desperately lonely and desperately seeking Susan, Marge, Mabel... Well anyone who would have me...

Well, with an attitude like thay all the girls ran like I had the plague...

I got my heart broke so many times I couldn't see straight...

I was living off base with a bunch of guys and one of them liked a girl that I liked.

But, he kept that information from me..

And, when we talked he'd gather all this information and then use it himself to further his relationship with this girl...

One night I found out that he had asked her to marry him and she had accepted...

I don't think I have ever been hurt that bad before or after...

After confirming the facts I basically went crazy...

I roared home grabbed my Bible and roared off to Two Lovers Point...

I was going to throw my bibles off the overlook and kick God out of my life...

I roared into the parking lot skidded to a stop and stalked to the stairs leading to the overlook...

I was determined to get it done... No matter what...

Well, as soon as my foot touched the second step I was overwhelmed with a sense of God's Love...

If I had had a vision,Jesus couldn't have been more real to me...

In my Spirit I sensed Jesus standing at the top of the stairs arms outstretched as if to catch me and prevent me from getting by Him...

He spoke to my spirit saying, 'What are you doing? You can't do this. I Love You.'

Well, that was it! Now I was *really* angry...

But, I couldn't go forward as the way was blocked. So, I spun around a stalked back to my truck yelling, "That's Not fair!"

And, off I went roaring down the road...

A few hundred yards up the road the emotions finally caught up to me and I was forced to pull off the road and weep like a baby for a while...

A point I would like to make though, is this, had I suceeded in doing so I would have been utterly convinced that I had kicked Jesus out of my life...

I would have lived like it...

Would have talked like it...

And, in my heart of hearts as I look back it really was *that* serious...

And, I have no doubt that had I barged past My Lord I would have probably followed my Bible over the edge...

Thank God for His Mercy!

SMM

Years later after they had had several children the girl died of a heart problem leaving the guy so heart broken he nearly lost faith as well...

And, you know what? All I could do was weep with him in his loss...

19. gekko

gekko New Member

this concerning Abiathar the priest:

Mark 2:
    "24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful? 25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him? 26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?"

something about ahimelech and abiathar the priest. at the time that David went into the temple to eat the shewbreat - that ahimelech was the priest at that time - not abiathar...

something like that - i'll do more of a study when i get back to my place.

20. gekko

gekko New Member

yes indeed SMM. there's always hope.

i take peter as an example - he denied Jesus 3 whole times... and look where he ended up - praise the Lord for his mercy and grace.