1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lost world needs more missionaries

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by bb_baptist, Aug 15, 2003.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

2. brochip1

brochip1 New Member

This world in which we live needs missionaries like never before. Not only do we need to send people to foreign fields, but there is a pressing need here in the U.S. As a missionary to the prison system, it has both overwhelmed me and broken my heart to find so many men who have never heard the gospel in their life. It is hard to believe that with all of the advances in technology today that there are still people who have yet to be presented with a clear presentation of the gospel. Would to God that we as Christians would pray for an overwhelming burden for the lost.

Job 16:20

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder how many people have ever really considered doing a short term missions trip overseas?

I know of two groups that can facilitate this, the Leprosy Mission and Habitat for Humanity, bothe present excellent opportunities to help others and lead people to Christ.

I saw a film on what Habitat for Humanity is doing in Cambodia, a nation that is .03% Christian. Truly amazing.