1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lou Dobbs Targeted as Hate Speech Propagandist

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by poncho, May 6, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

In the mistaken belief the House passed the so-called Hates Crimes Act strictly to go after people who speak out against homosexuals or say mean and hurtful things about other government protected minority groups, consider an effort by the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society to get CNN anchor Lou Dobbs fired.

“A Jewish group is calling for the firing of an outspoken CNN anchor, Lou Dobbs, after he accused advocates for illegal immigrants of using propaganda techniques employed by Nazi Germany,” reports the New York Sun. “Mr. Dobbs has crossed the line between responsible television commentary and hate-speech propaganda of his own. Keeping him on the air is essentially sanctioning by CNN—which is why we’re asking CNN to remove Dobbs from his very public platform,” complained Gideon Aronoff. “Comparisons to Nazis—especially in this day and age—are abhorrent.”

On the other hand, it is perfectly legitimate to compare Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Hitler and the Iranian government to a gaggle of Nazis. Dobbs made the mistake of saying something hurtful—never mind the truth of his statement—against a government protected minority group.

SOURCE

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==There is something in our constitution that guarantees freedom of speech and of the press. Maybe these illegal groups don't understand or know that. I support deporting all illegal immigrants and jailing, for five years, anyone who hires an illegal immigrant. These criminals have broke into our country and are now demanding that we treat them as guests. That is wrong, immoral, sinful, and our government should do everything in its power to put a stop to these criminals. Yes I am calling ALL illegal immigrants criminals. That includes men, women, and children. They are more than welcome to come into our country through legal means but they are not welcome to come into our country via illegal means.

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

But it's not quite so simple Martin.

There are plenty of big corporations willing to hire and exploit these illegals at low wages without any health coverage for families... They are to work hard cheap labor with deportation held over their heads. In this case to whole thing is in the long run financially worth the occasional fine the compant pays for "accidentally" hiring an illegal.

This whole thing involves corruption at high levels - not just a group of "criminals" sneaking across our borders. Many of these illegals have no other means of supporting their families - what father wouldn't take that risk?

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And, IMHO, what makes it a tad less simpler is that America is dependent on Mr. Big Corporations, and Mr. Big Corporations is not at all patriotic, personal, or caring.

It cares only for itself, its stockholders, and its profit and loss statements.

Besides being willing to hire illegals to keep expenses low and profits high, they are willing to bring their businesses into communist china and give the communist chinese the money which should otherwise be going into the lean pockets of Americans.

I think Lou Dobbs is a breath of fresh air at CNN. I watch CNN now.
    It used to be my tv was automatically set on FOX News, but as somebody pointed out in another thread, that channel is becoming "tabloid-ish".

#4 pinoybaptist, May 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2007
  5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

To back up what Martin said, an illegal alien, by definition, is already a criminal.

But, much of the culpability is with the government, and it goes back well before the current administration. A friend of mine is a contractor. If someone comes up to him that he suspects is an illegal alien, and gives him documentation that is obviously falsified, he is required by law to not refuse hiring on those grounds. At which point, he is required to file paperwork about his suspicions, and when they investigate them 6 months later, the individual is long gone. (They are the best employees usually, BTW, as most Americans no longer want to work.)

What's wrong with this picture?

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==O, but it is that simple. These people came into our country illegally (they broke in) and now they want us, the American people, to approve of their breaking in and reward them for it. That is immoral and that is wrong. These people are criminals and they should be treated as such. So should every person who hires them. That is coming from a guy who lives in an area where many people hire illegals to work in their blueberry/tobbaco fields. Might my proposals hurt the local economy? Yes, but we are a nation of laws and those laws must be enforced. We cannot allow thousands of people to openly break the law and then not just ignore their crime but reward them for it.

==I am, of course, talking about much more than a fine. I am talking about throwing CEOs, business owners, farmers, store managers, and anyone else who knowingly hires an illegal in jail for a minimum term of five years. We are talking about five years in state prison. If a major corporation knowingly hires illegals then the CEO and those responsible for the hiring will goto jail for five years (not one day less). This will dry up the jobs the illegals are coming here to get and will do more than any other thing to stop the open violation of our nations laws.

==That changes nothing. A person who robs a bank may need money to get an important operation for their child, a person who shop lifts a loaf of bread may need food for their children, but they still broke the law and they will still be punished. All illegals have broken the law and they should be punished. I would like to see them given 60days to leave our country, apply for citizenship, or apply to be a legal guest worker. If, after that 60 day period, they have not taken those steps they will be booked and deported. That booking will mean that they will never be allowed to enter the United States legally ever again for any reason.

7. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Martin,

All of your points are correct. These people are criminals in the nominal sense. But they are also a marginalized group of people who are being exploited actively. In my mind the second issue is more of a crime than the first.

And yes unfortunately these illegal immigrants have made it onto the democrats' "sacred cow list". And I agree with you that their solution is no better than the problem itself.

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

One thing that most people forget is that non-resident aliens can come across the border legally to do things like pick tobacco and blueberries. But, then they have to go back.

Illegals don't want to have to go back.

9. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Lou Dobbs is such an outspoken person who is against illegal immigration. He presents some of the best arguments to be against it. It is no wonder why his critics want to silence him from speaking the truth. I hope and pray that CNN does not give in to the pressure to release him from his position at CNN.