1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Louisiana Poll: Bush did better

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Wow, a horrible President does better in opinion polls than another horrible President. I guess Bush can say, "Yeah, I may suck but you suck more than me."

Wow, that is some commentary. Don't mind me if I fail to stay up to watch both of these horrible Presidents battle it out for who is better among the "I am a horrible President" game show, but I think watching Baltimore trying to slug it out against Pittsburgh may be more interesting.

2. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Again, I didn't expect the government to snap its fingers and solve the problem. I didn't even expect the government to solve the problem. I expected the leader of our country to actually be a leader. I expected him to get involved immediately and help in finding a solution. He could have felt out BP and figured out pretty quick that they didn't have a firm solution but only theories. With this knowledge, he could have looked abroad asking for help from foreign entities. There's a lot he could have done, but he was absent.

I didn't expect Obama to have all the answers or to fix the solution with a snap of the fingers. I expected him to be a leader and be involved right away. I, for one, would have applauded him for good leadership during this crisis.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I agree with the whole of this!

The states and the local county governments and beach managements have been told to wait.

Obama has literally placed BP in charge of the clean-up.... and they bus in a few 'helpers' with plastic bags for a photo-opt of clean-up during the Presidential visit and then bus them back to who knows where? (FWIW, no 'clean up' was being done.)

BP and the coast guard, helping them, are preventing the local governments from taking action: Preventing the freedom of reporters and camera crews from photographing and reporting the news. Controlling the news.

If our local agencies were allowed to lead..... some of passes might have been protected by locals placing barrier floating reefs of such as bales of hay: To protect the 'sound' side of the beach, a boom of 1-3 miles stretching across the mouth might have meant big protection....... and there's plenty of stored hay and grass which could be baled in this area.

The government shares responsibility for this whole mess. They issued the permits for a floating.... unattached oil rig..... to go about a mile deep through water to drill a well as deep as the cutting edge of technology has ever allowed on land. They also prevented more sensible types of drilling.

After the Alaskan oil spill, oil companies lobbied and received from congress legislated limits on payments for these kind of disasters. When one knows their limits of liability are limited by bounds, the risks are a calculation between expense and profit..... w/o considering moral obligation. (Remember, only individuals have 'morality': corporations exist to make profit and to protect or advance their survival.)

And, Obama, which is not a court of law, is dictating to BP, and there's the suggestion of removing the limits of liability by legislation retroactively.!!! How can this be constitutional? How can this be just? Imagine, if they succeed..... how far this could extend if a precedent is established?

Cap and Trade? What a sorry axx excuse to set us up for more taxes and to get us out of our cars, lower the energy comforts of our homes and businesses, lower our standards of living, and control the people, 'the little people' (BP executive's term) through proverty.

As to foreign help, advice and aid: The Netherlands offered their expertise in cleaning the water. They are probably the leaders in the world concerning how to reclaim sea water from a polluted spill because their country depends on it, but our government wont allow it.

Criminal investigation???!!! Yeah, sure! Stupid idea to announce, even if decided later: "Quick, papa, bury the bodies deep!" Fools! You already have a company trying desperately to contain a disaster bigger than anything it could possibly imagine.... and then, instead of encouraging openness and honesty in reporting all it knows or has found out since, you announce what a bad boy they've been and that information release or discovered may potentiate their punishment.

#23 windcatcher, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
  4. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Obama is going to 'kick ass', stop unemployment by stopping drilling, and cutting NASA funds.

By the way, as far as Baltimore and
    Pitt is concerned.....who cares?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Excellent comparison of the two parties. Bull's eye.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll sleep alot better tonight knowing one NWO joker beat another.

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

I don't think it fair to blame Bush for Katrina, or the oil spill on Obama. That said, I think Bush did a better job. He sent a huge amount of help to the area, while Obama has failed to utilize all the resources he has available. Part of Obama's problem is the huge government he himself has created, all the different agencies are tripping over each other and can't get anything accomplished.

I also believe Obama is using the oil spill to futher his personal polices such as Cap and Trade, where I didn't see Bush using Katrina in this manner.

Although he would never admit it, I believe Obama loves this spill because he can use it to further his energy policy. This may be why he refused help from other countries, and failed to give states permission to quickly build berms which would have reduced the damage.

If he is using this disaster to further his agenda, that is despicable.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take a few minutes every day to surf the cable planet for news.

While GW Bush was president, I grew weary of hearing former President Clinton being blamed for everything under the sun by Republicans.

So, here we are, DeJaVu all over again, with Bush now being blamed by the Democrats for President Obama's difficulties.

What ever happened to "it's not going to be business as usual anymore"?

I did not vote for president Obama and FWIW I don't feel that he is senior enough to be qualified for the office of President of the United States.

However, somehow I have to believe that he has surrounded himself with as many experts as he can find to advise him concerning this catastrophe.

No one knows what to do because it has no precedence.

Beating up on him verbally and/or blaming President Bush won't solve the problem.

Put a giant piece of frog tape over it!

HankD