1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lousiana College and Calvinism

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Feb 4, 2013.

1. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

Oh yes, the aggressive push of a Calvinist agenda that you readily admit was absent from Dr. Quarles and did not prevent the school from putting Dr. Hiles on a pedestal less than a year ago.

This issue is not the expectations at LC. The issue is setting a bar (BF&M 2000), then moving it.

And you won't. I'm not outraged. I feel as though my money is being spent poorly and I think that needs to change. This is yet another straw on the camel's back...I think we're reaching a breaking point with LC.

2. pilgrim_99

pilgrim_99 Member

3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

I'm hopeful that the KBC situation will prompt Hankins to quit hiding.

7. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

8. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

So, was the termination of the profs an attempt by Aguillard to discredit those whom he knew would stand for truth before it became apparent that he's a liar and a thief?

10. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

What do you think of the things that have come to light since we last discussed this?

11. GBC Pastor

GBC Pastor New Member

Pretty much the same as what I thought before in relation to Calvinism at LC.

12. GBC Pastor

GBC Pastor New Member

Dr. Aguillard cleared of all charges and a new donation of $10 million given to the school. What do you think?

13. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

I think the independent in investigators found him guilty. I think the Cason family and their 55 million which will now go to the NAMB takes a bunch of the shine off that 10 million. I think the vote to suggest exhoneration was 4-3 with the chairman of the board in the minority while the deciding vote was cast by the executive director (who shouldn't even have a vote). The vote to adopt the special committee's recommendation was very close.

In the end, the trustees chose to overlook clear deception and misappropriation of funds which, if not illegal, is certainly unethical. And I'm supposed to stand before my congregation and sing the praises of CP? I can't lie to my people and tell them the folks handling our money are being good stewards.

It's really sad.

14. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

Oh, and this isn't about Calvinism...never has been. Calvinism was just the shiny object to distract people from the misappropriation of funds.

15. GBC Pastor

GBC Pastor New Member

It is interesting to me that until the Calvies became so bent out of shape over the non-renewal of a few professors contracts (something that has happened many times over the years) none of these other issues were even on the radar. It seems to me that once the Calvies were offended they went digging for anything they could to try and discredit Dr. Aguillard. What is sad is that mudslinging has become the modus operandi for how we settle disputes in the LBC.

16. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

You may find it interesting, but it's entirely beside the point. The misappropriation was reported by Dr. Quarles (who you claim to respect) before the non-renewals. The non-renewals were clearly vindictive, but don't act like nobody cared about the misappropriation before the professor of the year and others were fired.

It amazes me what pro-Joe folks are willing to overlook.

17. GBC Pastor

GBC Pastor New Member

http://www.baptistmessage.com/node/8692

Two sides to every story.

18. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

"He's innocent! We can't tell you why, but you better believe it!" The Paper Owned and Operated by the LBC that also owns and operates LC.

Shocking

19. GBC Pastor

GBC Pastor New Member

Yes. It's all one big conspiracy! The evil LBC is out to get you! Run for your lives!:laugh:

20. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

The evidence was so compelling that the vote of the subcommittee was 4-3 (with the chairman voting with the minority). This is your slam dunk?

Wow. I know they're not out to get me, but they called our offices today to get money. Am I supposed to, in good conscience, urge the congregation. To continue funding a body with no accountability or transparency?