1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

loveing your wife.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Rooster, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Colossians Chapter 3:19 Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

it is so easy for us men to "say" we love our wives, but how often to we "practice" our love for our wives?

how often do we put our wife's happieness in front of ours? (I know I am guilty of that)

how often do we get angry because our wife wont "submitt"? (I have been guity of that too)

how often do we ask our wife to sacrifice her dreams so we can pursue our own? (guilty)

how often has a wife gone out of her way to be considerate, or do something for her husband, and us men dont even take notice cause we are wraped up in our own selfish, egotistical doings?(guilty)

how often will we put gratification of our lust, over our wifes marital needs? ( [​IMG] )

I could go on about this, but I would rather hear the wifes side of it, how else are we going to believe if we don't hear it from them (Out of the hoarses mouth, so to speak)?

2. Rooster

Rooster New Member

How many men expect thier wives to submit but don't practice loving thier wife?

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I must say that my husband does put me before himself on most occasions. He has never asked me to sacrifice my dreams so he could pursue his own. (And he is pursuing a PhD). He is so good to me, and I WANT to submit to him. BUT, I am not subservient and he doesnt want me to be. He values my opinions, my viewpoints, and he values me as a person, as I do him.
    He is helpful with the children, and always has been. (He took pride in changing the first dirty diapers!) He doesnt like to clean much, but he does vacuum for me every Monday night while I keep our "vacuum-phobic" toddlers in a back room. He watches them twice a week for me to go to an exercise class. The more I write this, the more my heart swells with love for him. He is my best friend, my pastor and my soul mate. I think I'm gonna march over to his chair right now where he is watching "Big Jake" and give him a smooch!

4. Songbird

Songbird New Member

I only have 2.5 years experience as a wife. But I can tell you my husband is the best! We have agreed to put each other first--everything seems to fall in place when we do. That goes for church commitments, too. We have had to say no a few times when we saw the danger of becoming overextended. But the Lord is the center of our home.

We encourage each other to pursue outside interests and new ministry opportunities.

I have never felt so loved and protected. He even brags about me to others in front of me.

He often tells me he hopes he can be as good a husband as I am a wife. Boy, do I have him fooled. lol I keep thinking the other way around. I need to try and be less selfish/

Like Tatertot--how can I not submit to a loving man such as mine.

I waited 39 years for my prince and he is just that-- a prince.

5. Rooster

Rooster New Member

well then ladies, if everyone has loving husbands, and the men are holding up thier end of the bargin, then why are women fighting tooth, and nail holding up thier end of the bargin, and not subitting to thier husbands? as read on the post "submissivness".

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If my man loved me, and showed me he loved me, and all that loving going on.... baby, this woman is one submissive thing.

7. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

you didnt see me fussing about it over there. But I also do not believe submissivensee is what some over there are saying. Neither does my husband.

8. Rooster

Rooster New Member

submissivensee? is that misspelled<==get the pun? or is that a word? what does it mean?

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

My sweet, sweet husband always puts me before himself. He's my very best friend and very protective of me, too. I am so very blessed! It's easy to be submissive when you allow the Lord to choose your mate. [​IMG]

Diane

10. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

All right, ol' Rooster. I'm gonna shoo you outta here w/my broom like granny does on the chicken farm!! ;)

11. Rooster

Rooster New Member

HA! Tater tot, But seriously , I have never seen that word, was it a misspelling, or is it a real word, Im not being sarcastic, just ignorant I guess. Maybe I'll try looking it up in the dictionary.

12. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

I have a great husband who loves me very much. Sometimes he messes up and doesn't love me as good as I think he should. And sometime I don't submit as well as I think I should. But we always apologize and make up (that's the fun part...)

Anyway, I have a great friend who is the MOST submissive wife I have ever met. And her husband is the most NOT loving husband I have ever met. But she still submits and has a great attitude about it....I honestly don't know how she does it other than the grace of God. I would hope that if I were in such a situation, I would be submissive as well, but I probably wouldn't be. As these other ladies have said, it's easier for me to be submissive when my husband is acting lovingly towards me.