1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Loving Homosexuals To Death...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by pinoybaptist, Jan 4, 2007.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yet people who lie are in our churches. People who covet are in our churches. People who steal are in our churches. Adulterers and whoremongers are in our churches.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==They should not be (1Cor 5:9-13). People who fall into the groups listed in passages like 1Cor 6:9-10 are lost no matter how many times they attend church every week. Apart from true repentance and faith in Christ there is no salvation.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

[What Martin said]

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yet we'll take their tithes, let them serve on deacon's bords, let them fill our pulpits. As long as they're not gay, divorced or (heaven forbid) female, they can do about anything they want to in a Baptist church.

Please, tell me more about how we are supposed to preach the unapologetic Gospel...

5. Brice

Brice New Member

Great Post. :thumbs:

6. Brice

Brice New Member

I think people miss your point because you came out firing. I think I am in agreeement with you, if this is your premise. We should get off our Christian high horses, oppose sin, but do it in a way that doesn't close doors to the lost? Treat people the way they should be treated and stop shooting ourselves in the foot by acting like arrogant fools? If this is so, then I'm in total agreement.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

And I would add that when we oppose sin, we oppose all sin, including governmental inequities and injustice -- and even if that government is our own.

And we need to quit fooling ourselves into thinking "we" can change anyone. Even if I wanted to, I cannot make a gay person straight. That's God's job, God is good at what God does, and we are lousy at it.

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe they're in your churches, tp. But they're not in our churches. And this is not to be "holier-than-thou". It's a fact.
    The sodomites in the Corinthian church were former sodomites, not practicing sodomites, or practicing homosexuals, or practicing "gays". I am a former Marxist. I no longer hold to Marxism. My brother was a former drug pusher, drug addict, gangbanger. He no longer does those things.
    Paul told the Colossian church that if they used to steal, to steal no more.
    I'm sorry if there are practicing thieves in your church, and if there are current adulterers in your church, or if there are active whoremongers in your church.
    Maybe you need to teach them gospel obedience ?

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==No Bible based church would knowingly allow that to happen. Maybe an apostate church would, but no Bible based church.