1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Low morals

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Deepertruth, May 19, 2005.

1. Deepertruth

Deepertruth Guest

Observe these words carefully. There is great misunderstanding. Humble yourself as you read this.

If when I say baptism is with or without water, as does God's Word, this does NOT suggest I am against baptism with water (for that is anabaptists, they are wrong too), but rather, the claim that it must be with water, which so happens to be the false teaching of Baptist denomination and derivatives.

Point in case, when you said "While we Baptists believe in total immersion, in those regions it is impossible to follow the Biblical mandate. And while we are at it".

The truth of your mistaken assumption is that it is not the Biblical mandate. You just misread the Bible. It is not impossible to follow the Biblical mandate if baptism is with or without water.

Satan will no doubt accuse me of saying I said someone was unsaved that I did not say was unsaved, but such words through men that accuse like this really are of no account.

Any questions? This is really an exceedingly simple matter, but not so simple for those being harnessed by a denominational teaching.

2. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Is this all you do with your time?

Jumping around to different denominational boards and telling them how they are all walking with Satan because they do not agree with you?

Frankly, I am a bit puzzled by your assumptions regarding Baptists.

Am I correct in stating that you think we believe one must be baptized with water to be saved?

If so, I believe you have us confused with the Church of Christ folks. (I can give you my aunt's phone number if you'd like to call and tell her how wrong her beliefs are.)

If baptism is not commanded of us, in order to show ourselves as changed people to others and in recognition of the new birth and spiritual baptism that has already occurred within us, then why did Jesus get baptized? Why did all of his disciples? Why did Paul baptize? Why are we given command on how to baptize? All of these baptisms were physical, in water, baptisms following our spiritual rebirth.

Baptism is to signify that we are taking that first step to obedience in Christ, by following his example and being baptized.

I really don't see why that is so hard for you to see.

Of course, I am a child of Satan who is spewing forth hatred and condemnation towards you. I'll just go back down to hell now and sit on my lava rock whilst you come up with some more insults for anyone claiming to be a part of this "vast Baptist conspiracy". :rolleyes:

James

PS Don't forget to tell me how I'm a puppet of Satan just like everyone else on the BB...besides you of course. :rolleyes:

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Joseph, I take offense to your remark. It's only the part of Houston within a 25-mile radius of Terry's house that is nuts! [​IMG]

I'm a little nuts too, I guess. But, then again, my grandmother's family did come over from Arkansas. I suppose they may have brought a little acorn with them and left the rest there. :D

4. Deepertruth

Deepertruth Guest

So much blaming instead of accepting the simple truth. This is done for you.

I do not believe Baptists think one must be baptized by water to be saved.

The error of Baptists is in thinking baptism is not with or without water, but requires the physical.

That first step does not demand the physical, but burial and resurrection with Christ with or without water.

The baptism of which the Lord told Nicodemus is a reality. Paul also sees reality in baptism: burial with the Lord for newness of life. He told the saints in Colossae, “Having been buried with him in baptism, wherein ye were also raised with him” (Col. 2.12). To him baptism and burial are one and the same thing; so too are baptism and resurrection. He knows what is meant by being buried with the Lord and also what is meant by being raised with the Lord. He does not see the water of baptism only, nor does he view some as being truly baptized while some others are not. He communicates to others the reality of that baptism which he has touched.

Regeneration is being “born of water and the Spirit” (John 3.5). This needs a little explanation. When John the Baptist came to preach and to baptize he proclaimed: “I baptized you in water; but he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit” (Mark 1.8). Just as in Mark 1 John the Baptist joined the water and the Holy Spirit together, so in John 3 our Lord Jesus also joined the water and the Holy Spirit. Now since the water which John referred to was the water of baptism, then the water which the Lord Jesus spoke of must also be the water of baptism. The word the Lord answered Nicodemus with must be something which the latter could quickly grasp. At that time many people knew of John baptizing with water. It was but natural for Nicodemus to take the water which the Lord Jesus mentioned as being the baptism of John. Had the Lord had another thought in mind concerning water, it would not have been easily comprehended by Nicodemus. We may therefore conclude that “water” here points to the water of baptism.

5. Deepertruth

Deepertruth Guest

One Baptism. Is it by immersion or by sprinkling? Is it single or triune? There are various modes of baptism accepted by the children of God, so if we make the form of baptism the dividing line between those who belong to the church or even a denomination and those who do not, we shall exclude many true believers from our fellowship by making such rules tenants of some denomination. There are children of God who even believe that a material baptism is not necessary, but since they are the children of God, we dare not on that account exclude them from our fellowship. What then is the significance of the “one baptism” mentioned in this passage? Paul throws light on the subject in his first letter to the Corinthians. “Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized into the name of Paul?” (1.13). The emphasis is not on the mode of baptism, but on the name into which we are baptized. The first question is not whether you are sprinkled or immersed, dipped once or thrice, baptized literally or spiritually, the important point is, into whose name have you been baptized? If you are baptized into the Name of the Lord, that is your qualification for church membership. If anyone is baptized into the Name of the Lord, I welcome him as my brother, whatever be the mode of his baptism so therefore, there is no need to specify mode of baptism at all. By this we do not imply that it is of no consequence whether we are sprinkled or immersed, or whether our baptism is spiritual or literal. The Word of God teaches that baptism is literal, and is by immersion, but the point here is that the mode of baptism is not the ground of our fellowship, but the Name into which we are baptized. All who are baptized into the Name of the Lord are one in Him. Why was it literal? Because that is how men can understand, but this means then, you never make it the name of your denomination to determine a mode of baptism. Never! That divides falsely. In fact, you never have a denomination at all. Just as Pentecostals lord over others with false tongues, Baptists ought not to lord over others with a mode of baptism.

My deepest prayers go out to you to do the right thing.

6. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have a policy of not feeding trolls.

Yours in Christ

Matt

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deepertruth, I am pleased that you have come around and made that clear to us all. [​IMG] For we have tried to emphasize the very same thing in our feeble communication to you.

Now this is where I am confused a little. The sentence is not entirely clear to me. I know the fault must be with me, so would you be kind enough to clarify the above statement further?

While you are at it, please justify your statement by which you said that baptism is not a Biblical mandate or command (this you wrote in response to my statement that it is)? The reason why I ask has to do with the Bible account of the Great Commission, which can be found in Matthew 28:18-20 (shown below), which clearly says that we must baptize.

You see, when I make a statement I usually base them on Biblical mandates, which has been given to us, Christian believers, and I would not just say it for the sake of saying something clever. By the way, I have another observation, concerning your statement, of which I agree with whole heartedly, that the Bible does not contain, nor suggests, that there ought to be multiple denominations among believers of the Christian faith - but I have to add that these were necessary through the ages, in order to keep with the sound teachings of the Bible. For people through the centuries have strayed away from sound doctrine, and fundamental believers always strived to get back to the basic tenets of Christianity, back to the Bible.

I hope that the gap between our understanding of Bible principals has been narrowed some. Men of faith must always strive to go back to the Bible, and have their misunderstandings checked against The Truth which are contained in there in abundance. Thank you for the opportunity to exchange a few important ideas with you, and trust that you'll have a nice day. [​IMG]

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Those folks in Houston are all wet all the time.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then who was the leader of the pastors in the church in Ephesus, Galatia, Philippi, etc.? Look at Acts 20.

Looks to me like that is quite an organization. Larger than many denominations today.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Earth to DT - "read your Bible instead".

Your "proof-by-papal-assertion" method of venting on this board is pointless.

Open your Bible. Read it. Learn to post from it instead of from your own blue sky papal statements.

11. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Deepertruth: The threads below, in alphabetical order, were deleted by me for obvious reasons. They were not questioning but attacking the integrity of the BaptistBoard.com. If you are so filled with hatred toward this fundamental Christian discussion board, why on earth did you come here to post? If on the other hand your intention or agenda was to spam the board with derogatory comments, then it seems you have been successful. Now we have extended to you a long enough courtesy we would have to any other person - for I was hoping that you could redeem yourself. But looking over the list below, this is hardly possible now. So, it is with deep regret that I terminate your posting privileges and your membership, effective immediately. Hope that sometime soon the Lord will crash your heart and instead of belittling other Christians for their faith, your heart would be burdened to reach out to the unsaved.

P.S. It is not my custom, or the custom of the BaptistBoard.com leadership, to write a public notice to a member about termination of account, but in this case I made an exception. For the list below speaks volumes about the way Deepertruth thought about us. He did not have a very high opinion of us, did he? It is very sad.

01. Advice to Baptist Board - 05/20/2005 @03:19 AM
    02. BaptistBoard is unethical. Why is BaptistBoard unethical? - 05/19/2005 @03:40 PM
    03. Controlling mechanism. Why is BaptistBoard unethical? - 05/19/2005 @03:41 PM
    04. Do you feel the vanity of baptistboard - 05/20/2005 @03:25 AM
    05. Error of the Baptist Denomination - 05/20/2005 @03:13 AM
    06. Feels like Jeremiah preaching 40 years and no one listening - 05/19/2005 @02:05 AM
    07. Self is showing through. Why is BaptistBoard unethical? - 05/19/2005 @03:48 PM
    08. Truth shall set you free. Why is BaptistBoard unethical? - 05/19/2005 @03:56 PM

This thread now is being closed. My personal thanks to all those who participated in the discussion, and my humble apologies to the forum Moderators for allowing something like this to be open for as long as it did. [​IMG]