1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LSU Wins Sugar!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by bobbyd, Jan 4, 2007.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

My Bayou Bengals woke up in the 2nd half and found a big old can of whooping to open up on the Irish, 41-14.
    I don't know why, but LSU winning always makes me smile...but beating Notre Dame that bad makes it a bit wider!

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

All in all a good year for college...Boise State pulls the upset, Notre Dame is humiliated, and Miami and FSU are sub-par.
    :applause:
    I hope NBC (the NotreDame Broadcasting Company) is happy.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, ND has proven it cannot compete with any non-service academy team.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

This is all it takes for me to happy about a college football season. :wavey:

BTW, besides being a ratings ploy, what about Notre Dame's season told anybody that they deserved to be playing in the Sugar Bowl in the first place?

5. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to all thecomments so far. My 6 year old daughter asked me last night which team I was cheering for and I told her we cheer for anyone who is playing ND - LSU looked really strong.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

LSU should look strong. They have a fast noseguard for a QB. Russell must go 7'10" and 600 lbs.

Or at least to a 200 lb safety he does...

7. quidam65

quidam65 Member

Notre Dame in college ball is like the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL. Regardless of record or strength of schedule they get ratings. There may be as many people tuning in rooting for them to lose as there are people tuning in rooting for them to win, but they're tuning in and that's what the TV executives want in the end. As P. Diddy said, it's all about the benjamins.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I grew up in Baton Rouge and I like the Tigers ---- granted they have "embarrassed" themselves ridiculously on national TV at times----but nothing made me more proud ---- I mean NOTHIN' ---- than to see the Tigers whip the snot out of the Irish.

The sports commentators----including Bradshaw---were obviously pullin' for Notre Dame and would make comments like

"Man! this Notre Dame team is hot --- look at um --- they're wearing LSU's defense down!! Look at the defense with their hands on their hips at the line ---- thats a sign of being wore out!!!"

Well-----obviously----Coach Miles observed the worn out Defense and decided he'd let them "sit the bench" and let the Offense play a little bit!!! HOLY SMOKE---JaMarcus was HOT!!!

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

If LSU had played like that all year they would be playing Monday night against Ohio State.