1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lt. Gen. Boykin: Mattis Cuts Through Political Correctness, Understands What Motivates America’s Ene

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Dec 6, 2016.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016...nemies/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Lt. Gen. Boykin: Mattis Cuts Through Political Correctness, Understands What Motivates America’s Enemies

“I would say that from the time Mattis came into the Marine Corps, he had a single focus, and that was the single focus of winning wars,” said Boykin. “Everything that he did, I believe, was in preparation for that mission. He cut through political correctness. He motivated soldiers. He spent enormous amounts of time. You know, he was not married, he didn’t have a family that he had to get home to at night. He worked long hours. Mattis, I think, has been in many ways a consummate soldier, and people recognize that. People see him as a warrior first.”

“I think the message his appointment sends to our military is probably the most important message that it could possibly be, and that is that we’re going to get back to the mission of the military. It’s not social experiments. It’s not fighting Ebola. It is fighting and winning the nation’s wars against real enemies,” Boykin said.

Boykin said Mattis “sees the world the way it really is, not the way people would like for it to be.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like the GOP is finally growing some antlers. They've tied the waiver of the 7 year rule on military officers serving in the cabinet (needed to confirm Mattis) to a continuing resolution to fund the federal government through April. In other words, they are tying a potential government shut down to the approval of the waiver provision in a gambit to expedite Mattis' confirmation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Their history is to back down on potential government shutdowns. Obama has called their bluffs for 8 years and they have backed down every time.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dang it! I was feeling pretty good about this, then you had to remind me of the facts. Still, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The battle is not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Is the general "born again?"

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James