1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

luke 18:16

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Harold Garvey, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Don't blame the train, blame the engineer.:laugh:

2. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

You could blame the vandals, or maybe the N/A text for all the confusion, maybe the trolls!

3. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

I have been unable to demonstrate that.

I find that (the English) of (standing alone) could have been intended as composed of or belongs to or a number of other things. (See oed.com entry for of; note time line). As to the particular construction of such is - I can't show that it has the sense of possession rather than the sense of composition. Clearly, the KJV translators could have said "belongs to" (as in Mark 9:41) had they desired to.

Can you document by example that the particular construction of such is has the meaning belongs to.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Any guesses where this thread is going?

I cannot for the life of me understand why grown men and mature Christians cannot discuss a topic without personalising the comments and why, once attacked, cannot ignore it and stick to the issue.

#64 NaasPreacher (C4K), Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.