1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luke 9 feeding 5000, what say you all?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Jn 6: 24 When the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus.
    25 And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?
    26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
    28 ΒΆ Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jesus gives the reason the same multitude searched him out and came to him. The miracles were nothing to them - they wanted WELFARE

2. Bro K

Bro K New Member

Sorry if I misunderstood!!!! :tonofbricks:

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Ok, I read every post in this thread. I don't get shocked by much, but are there really people out there who read this miracle and come up with some crap about the people brought their own food? That the kind act of the little boy melted their hearts? WHAT!

I wish such people would just be done with it and deny Christ and go worship something else and stop trying to pervert the Scriptures of God and profane His Name.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

If this was true, please explain the following verses.

Were the disciples so stupid that they couldn't see that the people brought food with them? Was Jesus so stupid as to tell them to feed the people when the people brought food with them?

Mark wrote that Jesus broke the loaves and divided the fish. Mark doesn't say a single word about Jesus telling the people to share their food.

If the people brought food with them, why on Earth is he asking Philip where they can buy bread to feed them?

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Whatever God asks us to do, it is not we who do it, but God does it through us. It is the omnipotent power of God. God does not expect humans to do the impossible by their own power.

Moses didn't part the Red Sea--God did it. The disciples didn't feed the multitude--Christ (God in the flesh) did it. By the way, it says (5,000 men) and another time (4,000 men), which were two different miracles. There were more than likely a lot more than that number there with women and children.

Nothing is impossible for God.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I've been thinking more and more about this statement you made. It utterly amazes me that you have so little faith that you made this statement. What you've done is take a clear miracle of God and completely done away with it. In the miracle's place, you insert a little boy's good deed. So, you've taken the power of God and replaced it by the works of man. Shame on you. Your statements are borderline heretical. You deny the miracles of God and attribute them to man.