1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luther Rice Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by trogdor76, Dec 13, 2005.

1. trogdor76

trogdor76 New Member

I am planning to start studying part-time at Luther Rice Seminary this spring... specifically, I am going for the M.A. degree with a major in Discipleship Counseling. Anyone else here currently enrolled at LRS, and if so, are you in this program? Just want to know your thoughts on it and the school in general... plus any other tips for a first-semester student would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I believe it is a good school that has a very good reputation.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I like LRS, probably wouldn't go there, but its a nice place. The seminary is rather close to the church where I am currently serving, and its a convenient campus. Personally I'd suggest another seminary with a bit more robust degree, but if that is where God is calling you go!

4. trogdor76

trogdor76 New Member

For now, I am just going to LRS for the discipleship counseling degree... my pastor highly recommended that program, and I plan to serve in the counseling ministry at church. When I graduate, I do plan to continue and go for the M.Div, but I will probably pursue that at another seminary (more 'robust', as you put it! [​IMG] )

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

There will be limitations. Some consider LRS well, while other churches do not like LRS. The dispensationalism and heavy arminianism has hampered its credibility. It also needs to bolster its accreditation in my opinion. I've not looked at the curriculum in a while, but it used to be pretty good. Even some of its most famous grads and trustees recommend going to a brick and mortar school first.

6. trogdor76

trogdor76 New Member

Arminianism... really? That's the first I've heard of that... is it just certain profs that push it, or does it pretty much permeate the whole place? The dispensationalism doesn't bother me as much, as long as they don't ram it down your throat.