1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

M.Div./J.D. programs

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by StefanM, Jun 27, 2005.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone know of some good M.Div./J.D. programs?

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    StefanM,

I know this will be controversial on this board. But, check out some of the "big name" universities like Vanderbilt, Emory, Samford, and such. A lot of them have the joint MDiv/JD programs. They usuall run about 5 years total. The elective courses in the MDiv are taken concurrently with the MDiv studies or stacked on top of each other. It would be a great fit for someone who wanted to do Public Policy or Social Ethics or some such.

I would start to look at some of those big name places first. Although, there may be some place like Biola or Wheaton, Christian Liberal Arts colleges or universities who have the same or similar opportunities.

"Google it" with the input of joint MDiv JD programs and I am sure you will find what you want.

sdg!

rd

3. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

StefanM,

I have checked into many of the schools Rhetorician mentioned. About a year ago, I was looking into several MDiv/JD programs. I am know Samford had such, and I believe Mercer, Emory, Vanderbuilt, and Duke had them as well. Another lesser know school that has one is Oklahoma City University. I believe it is a Methodist school. As I'm sure you already know, many of these schools have a tendency to be moderate to liberal, depending on your personal views. Personally, I'm taking the LSAT in October and hopefully will enroll in law school in the fall of '06. I will tackle seminary after that.

I noticed you are in Arkansas. That is where I'm from. I attended CBC in conway for a while. Send me a message offline and let me know where you are.

matt