1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mac Brunson of Dallas likely to follow Vines as pastor of Jacksonville church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Feb 9, 2006.

1. izzaksdad

izzaksdad New Member

It is not the ghost of Dr. Criswell, it is the very real Mrs. Criswell. She needs to come under the authority of the Word of God and follow her Pastor. If she cannot do that, she needs to move on. Dr. Criswell should have done the same thing when he retired.

2. teachermom

teachermom New Member

No, it's not news. People at First Dallas have known for quite some time. But many (including me) are distressed that he is leaving.

For me personally, Dr. Brunson's sermons have been almost as if God is whispering into his ear words that speak directly to the needs of my life. His sermons have impacted me recently in a time of great personal distress and pointed me toward greater faith and trust in God in the midst of uncontrollable personal disaster.

He has his opponents. Can anyone tell me a church where 100% of the people are 100% behind the pastor 100% of the time?

3. teachermom

teachermom New Member

Agree completely. When Dr. Brunson presented his vision for the church some months ago and there was grumbling against it, I though then that anyone who can't support their pastor is probably in the wrong church. They need to either change their attitudes or change their membership.

4. teachermom

teachermom New Member

"Great disappointment" with what?

You certainly don't speak for First Dallas members that I know!