1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madeleine L'Engle

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Chessic, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Her book "A Wrinkle in Time" influenced generations of Christians in a post-modern world and affected me deeply when I was searching for something--anything--remotely Christian in fiction to follow the Chronicles of Narnia.

May she RIP.

#1 Chessic, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2007
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Madeleine L'Engle's A Ring of Endless Light moved me beyond words even though I was in my mid to late 20's when I read it for the first time. I encourgaged the teenagers that I was teaching at the time to read anything that she wrote and some did. A few wound up reading several of her books.

In my opinion, she was a literary genuis.

[​IMG]

When the made-for-tv version came out a couple of years ago, I was so angry. They heavily altered the story lines and added "fluff" and generally made a very poor adaptation of the book. It made me sick.

I am very saddened at Ms. L'Engle's death. I think I'll read A Ring of Endless Light again this weekend.

#2 Scarlett O., Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007