1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Magnets for A Mens Mind

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I would disagree. I attend a rather large church and have traveled the country to different churches from East coast to West coast. Big church, little church. The women are dressing the same in Baptist circles. And too many of them are dressing inappropriately.

Sure it is. God's word addresses it and so should the pastor.

Everything in God's word should be given by a husband to his wife. It obviously hasn't been happening or else this wouldn't be such a huge problem.

Some folks seem to think it's okay to send their teenaged daughters to church on Wednesday night wearing those lil shorts rolled up their thighs. And they wear them because that's what they wear with their parents.

You don't have to wear Nike trainingwear or UnderArmour when you've got Yoga Pants and skinny jeans.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the # of churches in this country! this seems to be a rather "iffy" statement. And I agree with the pastor from MY observations - not just his word that it's a problem. But then, maybe your female acquaintances are just more modest than what he & I have observed?!?!?!?!

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good ol' Al.....

Is this the video where he talks from the pulpit about "pictures of hookers' butts, women's butt cracks, spandex hugging women's crotches, cleavage down to the navel"? And more.......

Is this the one where he asked boys ... BOYS.... to raise their hand in the worship service is they had ever looked at a women in church and stumbled?

If it is, we've already had a thread on this. And I made no headway in getting anyone to understand the ludicrousness of the sermon.

http://www.baptistboard.com/archive/index.php/t-70139.html

If it isn't, I'll skip it any way.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

I don't think its the same one, but it is equally ignorant. Good call. Done here as well.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The message is right on the money...and quite needful in our day.
    You missed it again as happens quite often. There was nothing that could be labeled as ignorant in this message at all. Everything that was described we have all seen and know exactly what each reference was speaking of.
    It might not be everything described is in any one church....but Pastor Martin has spoken in Hundreds of churches over his lifetime and is describing what he has witnessed first hand despite some here who would seek to attempt to undermine this godly speaker....quite to their shame.

Some who seek to ridicule a godly Pastor do so ...as if that will provide a covering for their own sinful failings and lack of holy conversation.

Call him old fashioned...be critical of the man...as if the message is not what is primary.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....like lack of brain washing. What the guy always lacked is tact and sensitivity....of course you don't see it cause ole Al is a "Calvinist." Maybe you should probe deeper and see what really transpired to cause that type of sermon. But since he has retired I wont get into it. He is long gone. Farewell farewell farewell.:love2::wavey::wavey:

7. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I listened to all of the message and I give it a hearty AMEN BROTHER.

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scarlett O, I checked the previous thread and the sermon does sound like the same one. Funny thing is, three years ago when I posted my thoughts, I felt the sermon was much to descriptive for mixed company and should have been relayed from a woman to the other women in the church. This time, I thought the guy was right on the money.

The only thing "different" I guess is that in the last 3 years I've seen more and more immodesty in the church to the point I feel it needs a sterner approach. Interesting that my feelings have changed somewhat in that period of time.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't surprise me that most here think this is an appropriate sermon from a man in the pulpit - for mixed company. I've been here since 2002 and this is par for the course.

So, you all would be comfortable with your 8-year-old boy or 9-year-old-girl and spouse sitting as a family in the pulpit listening to the man describe "the molding of the breasts, butt cheeks of prostitutes, the crotches of women ... and more?"

I wouldn't be comfortable. I wouldn't be comfortable.

I, in my very modest attire, would die of embarrassment if my pastor talked like that about women form the pulpit.

In fact, I'd probably get up and leave - out of sheer mortification.

Has this dawned on you yet? After 30 minutes of this man vividly and explicitly talking about women's erotic body parts in sexual terms and how clothing emphasizes those part and make men and BOYS aroused ..... when the sermon is over and the final amen is said, what do you think these men and boys are going to unconsciously look at when they are exiting the church building with the women?

They are unconsciously going to "evaluate" EVERY female from 12 - 95 as to whether or not they are following the preachers rules for women.

The preacher put FAR more images in their mind and prompts of fantasy than any women sitting in that church. What do you think they've been thinking about the entire sermon?

I'm not saying this type of stuff doesn't need to be said.

I'm saying that was a highly inappropriate forum.

And HERE WE ARE on the Baptist Board where we CANNOT talk about things as adults of a sexual nature and how Christians should approach these topics for FEAR that some child might come across our website.

Yet, look at all the applause for this pastor and his sexually explicit sermon in a "family arena".

I stand by what I said three years ago.

And just like three years ago .... I stand alone. In my modest attire, agreeing with the message, but despising the presentation and forum .... I stand alone.

#29 Scarlett O., Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Earth, Wind & Fire

Your confused anti church posts are becoming the norm for you.
    You will not submit to any real preaching...in person....

You hide behind this"old school Baptist "thing...as if you have ever been an actual member of one...
    you make excuses for new members classes-saying they are indoctrination or brain washing.

Ann posts a picture of a new church being planted ,and you ridicule saying it just looks like people staring at a wall......as if singing to God, or prayer ...is nothing to you. Not one word of encouragement...no...rip on the church that is actually forming

Here you even disparage this godly Pastor...."the guy"...no respect for the office, no respect for a man who has ministered internationally, who you would not sit down with face to face and try to present these refuge of lies to.

That is because you Know you would not last for more than one day in that place as the people would not put up with your ungodly talebearing and unscriptural ridicule. They would see through your excuses and call you to account...and you would drift away as you have ,rather than submit to godly eldership Hebrews 13:7...17

Instead you sneak around and call names....the stuffy group in the fellowship hall....up tight church members....no....it is {Pub fellowship} for you ...let your hair down.....have a few...yeah..we got your number... that is why you did not notice the people singing to God in Ann's post that day....no one had a beer in their hand ..so you did not now they were in a worship service.

Pastor Martin is a sinner saved by grace.. however is mightily gifted by God.

He see's the truth of scripture and has faithfully proclaimed such.
    It sickens me to see someone like you start this whole thread for the purpose of trying to denigrate one of God's servants... under the guise of{you were deeply concerned} that was what you claimed..the Lord will reward you according to your works.

As far as Calvinism...you have presented yourself with two faces on this board.
    When the Arminians come around you lean one way. Then when Cals post...you now attack them. A doubleminded man is unstable in all his ways...and posts for that matter.

I have heard Pastor Martin preach literally hundreds of times, in person, at conferences out of state, on tape, and on sermonaudio.He always gets a hold of the text, opens it up and unpacks it...then applies it.
    the Spirit of God attends the preaching ....you sound as if you know nothing of this.....I guarantee many who were in those meetings that you now ridicule were convicted by the Spirit of God and had their lives changed.

He is still active and sought out even in old age{and more effective than you will ever be}...he has never retired from the Lord's work.

You have nothing to get into....you do not know what you are talking about on this whole issue for sure.
    Anyone who has been in those meetings live....knows you are clueless on this at best.
    How many people have to remark about this same topic...your aversion to God's church ? No need to respond...I have heard your excuses...so have Lk24, rippon, Ann, and many others....examine yourself.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhhh...is there a point to your post or just another one of your sanctimonious,, holier than thou rants you are famous for? Take your advice and shove it.

#31 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Looks like you got the point....judging from your unclean speech which betrays you. I just come right at you and say it very directly....I do not jump back and forth, evade and make excuses. the original thread was 3 yrs ago...it was a really deep concern for you??? The others come right out and attack the cals'....if that is who you are then just come out and display your knowledge of the real facts and offer theological correction.
    I know you cannot do it and say so openly.
    Rippon mentioned your cryptic language....it is not fooling me or anyone else.

You want to go on the attack.....go for it.Just do not whine when people respond to your thinly disguised postings:wavey:

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah Ah..... Ha Ha Ha Ha .......(bursts out laughing). Betrays me?!?.....ROFL......wait wait, I gotta wipe my eyes.....that was hilarious. :laugh:

Tony,Tony, Tony......:laugh: let me start by saying that you have nooooo clue. Ahhhh I don't have to go on the attack with you because you are clueless
    So, just what can I say to tell ya this.... I really don't care what you, Rippon, Ann & Luke think about me.....so I sincerely hope that sinks into your thick scull one of these days. But thank you for your deliberateness.....it was quite amusing! Everyone needs a belly laugh like that every now and again.....it was a rich feeling of pleasure.

I hope we can continue in this for the sake of the amusement provided. FUNNY!!!

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

A big hearty AMEN. I think he flat out nailed it with everything that he said because I too have seen the exact same thing all over the country in Baptist churches. When I say epidemic, I really mean epidemic.

And I really don't understand why some have a problem with a pastor preaching about everything.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scarlett apparently disagrees.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is one of the reasons women aren't to be over the men in the church. Sometimes you have to be willing to make folks uncomfortable when it comes to truth. Nobody asked what anyone would be comfortable with. The Gospel isn't supposed to make anyone comfortable. He wasn't being raunchy and he wasn't being dirty. He was speaking to a level of holiness in dress that seems to have escaped the current church.

The pastor preaches about homosexuality and abortion and probably every controversial issue in the Bible. I'm sure folks have been "uncomfortable" before.

So what? The man of God is given a word from God to give to the congregation. If God is pleased, who cares who else isn't?

Which is exactly what the world does because they don't feel that men should be telling women how to dress.

This is silly. If they weren't wearing the very things he spoke to, there wouldn't be a need for a conversation. so if they look at those parts as the women leave because the women are dressed just as he said, then it does nothing but further validate the truth of what he said.

So what? You do that with men you think are oversexualizing.

If they were listening, they were thinking "the pastor is 100% correct".

It was his congregation. It was the perfect forum. All this talk in the past from folks about Joel Osteen choosing to preach what he wants to preach and not preaching on things that are controversial or sinful. The man just preached a Biblical sermon to his congregation. Get over it.

He hasn't said anything that was vulgar.

There was absolutely nothing sexually explicit about that sermon.

Again, perhaps this is why women are not to lead over men. Where you're concerned about presentation and forum, the pastor is concerned about preaching what the word says and the application in the life of the congregants.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

She's a woman. When it comes to addressing things head on, women tend to want to use kid gloves when a lot of times the situation warrants boxing gloves. Men will often do what needs to be done rather than putting it off on someone else.

The men have waited long enough and the women ain't corrected it. Now it's time for the men to do what they should have been doing in the first place.

When I say epidemic, I really mean epidemic. And I don't know what folks are seeing at other churches. But I've visited 40 or so churches in the last year. And I can tell you that from a dress perspective on Wednesdays and Sundays, it's the same thing.

A lot of the older women are dressing just like the younger ones. This is something in which the pastor and the men now need to take control of just as he said.

#37 Zaac, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In summary, two things come to mind:

1. Matthew 5:29

29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

2. “praise in public and criticize in private.”

19. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Actually some people are 'holier than thou'. Note 2 Timothy 2:15ff.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yea.....seems somewhere I read that the meek'll inherit the earth, and maybe the helpless as well. But not until the rest of us have eaten the lion's share & don't want no more. :smilewinkgrin: