1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Magnets for A Mens Mind

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dconn.....your perverted suggestions come from your own unclean thoughts.This pastor is in his mid 70ad still ministers the word of God....despite some hearing loss and other physical infirmities.There is no hidden reason behind him moving .Yes....he is one of my here's of the faith as a Godly pastor who is known worldwide and has always remained faithful to the word and souls.
    Your foul and vile accusations are inexcusable.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I just think the whole thing is being overanalyzed. He spoke about these things in much the way I would expect my grandparents to speak about them and that included the gestures. All I saw was a man who has preached well for 40+ years preaching one of the best sermons I've heard on modesty.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    listen on sermon audio this man is preached on any topic and any verse of scripture that comes up he address the man separately many many times .he has spoken on all manner of issues

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    do a Google search on Albert N Martin and what comes up is a bunch of sermons the first series is on walking in the old past areas in his mid 70's given a complete exposition of a text and Jeremiah and taking it to the New Testament and applying at the gospel so you tell me what you have to find fault with his body language or is preaching in the series of messages

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You misunderstood my message.....again, it is to let the conversation go.....it does not do anyone in here any favors to become jaded by something that happened a few years ago.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more I think about it (and I couldn’t help but think about it given the pastor’s vivid description and visiting Walmart) it appears that the men in the pastor’s congregation are carnal at best, perverts at worst. Forgive my vividness, but it is unlikely that I can go a day now that it is warmer without seeing a part of some woman’s undergarment that I don’t want to see. I don’t imagine…well, forget the vividness - but I don’t imagine what the pastor indicates men imagine. Faithfulness is being faithful not just in the absence of temptation.

I do think that inappropriate clothing is a problem - but perhaps it is the motive behind the clothing (the way some want to appear) that is a bigger issue. But I do see a problem. And I do think that the sermon and illustration was "over the top" and inappropriate. (But, to the pastor's credit, I couldn't help but think of the sermon while walking through Walmart. It was not an easily forgotten sermon).