1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Maher "Fouls Out" with Tebow Comment!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Dec 28, 2011.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Someone writes a book and that makes them genuine? Really, the fact that he wrote a book after a single season in the NFL shows that he is game to capitalize on his popularity. That speaks for his intentions quite a bit.

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me, I forgot....men are always right around here.

I will bow out now.

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I've had the same thoughts myself. I think he's a show-off and not in a good way. However, I do think Tebow is genuine in his faith.

On the main topic- I think Tebow sets himself up to be made fun of. I have zero problem with people making jokes about him, within reason. When I saw this thread I thought, "How bad could it be?". Then I looked the quote up. It was that bad. Bill Maher is a bigot and a christophobe with no sense of appropriateness. His comment was way out of bounds within civil society.

4. matt wade

Do you have a problem with men or something? Why even bring up something like this? We disagree about something. You have your opinion and I have mine. Why do you need to turn it in to some men versus women thing?

5. matt wade

And as a matter of fact, I didn't even know I was debating with a woman until you brought this up. I'm still confused why you would even bring it up? :confused:

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just read the whole law and it's all about how businesses are not to discriminate against gays "in a place of public accomodation" and then it states that religious organizations are not considered a place of public accomodation. It would seem that the law gives religious organizations an exemption from the law rather than focusing on them.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2008a/csl.nsf/billcontainers/BD7A295EB6F4460E872573F5005D0148/$FILE/200_enr.pdf

(see sec. 6, part 1)

There is a section prohibiting publishing discriminatory information regarding who the business will or will not serve or sell to, based on several factors, including sexual orientation.

As far as a person getting arrested for talking about homosexuality--that's not in the bill.

#26 InTheLight, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Matthew, that proves your sexism. You assumed she was a man you chauvinist pig! :smilewinkgrin:

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You really need to speak to Wifey and set her straight. :smilewinkgrin: