1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Making Evangelism Good News Again

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by PastorSBC1303, Mar 7, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Dr. John Avant has an article every week on the Baptist Press on Making Evangelism Good News Again. It is always really good. I am glad we have men like him working for the SBC.

FIRST-PERSON: Making evangelism good news again
    Mar 7, 2006
    By John Avant
    Baptist Press

ALPHARETTA, Ga. (BP)--Do you ever have just one of those days? When everything you have planned just comes apart and you get so frustrated that sharing Christ is the last thing on your mind? I occasionally do. I think the Bible refers to it as “being in the flesh,” and that’s where I found myself one day recently.

For the first time since Christmas I was taking a whole day off. No preaching, no travel, no e-mails, nothing but family time. At least that’s the way I had it planned. The phone began to ring on the way to a lunch date with my wife. I didn’t answer most of them but one was so important, Donna and I agreed I should take it. Uh-oh. It had to do with controversy in the Southern Baptist Convention; I listened carefully and shared my thoughts, because with all my heart I want to help Southern Baptists in any way I can to love each other again and treat each other with some semblance of what we are taught in Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4. But the stakes were high with this conversation, and so after our lunch and some wonderful time together, I had to get back to work. It wasn’t fair to my wife, and it made me mad. By the end of the afternoon, one last phone call just about sent me into orbit. I went out and ran four miles. This usually is a stress release for me, but this time it didn’t help. So I resorted to the sure-fire method of dealing with frustration –- I got a triple dip chocolate almond peanut butter coconut sundae. With whipped cream.

For the remainder of the article:

http://www.baptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?ID=22800

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Thankyou dor the article. I qill be interested to know how the meeting turns out.

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

i'm not sure how i missed that article, but i'm glad you posted it in here...thanks.

4. PastorSBC1303

Glad you enjoyed it. I always look forward to his articles. I heard him speak at the MBC Evangelism Conference and he does great.

5. PastorSBC1303