1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Making Illegals Illegal

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, Nov 12, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061112/ap_on_re_us/immigration_texas_2

Texas town considers anti-illegals bill

By ANABELLE GARAY, Associated Press Writer
    Sun Nov 12, 2:27 PM ET

FARMERS BRANCH, Texas - This Dallas suburb could become the first city in Texas to adopt a sweeping ordinance intended to keep out illegal immigrants, a cause for concern among its large minority population.

More than 50 municipalities nationwide have considered, passed or rejected laws banning landlords from leasing to illegal immigrants, penalizing businesses that employ undocumented workers and making English the local official language.

But until now, that trend hasn't been matched in the Lone Star State.
    "This is the first town in Texas that had the guts to do what's right," Susie Hart, who grew up in Farmers Branch, said during a recent demonstration outside City Hall. "The education system is tanking, health care has gone through the roof..."

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Didn't Farmer's Branch get in trouble for discrimination on their police force a while back?

3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

A lot of communities are considering some sort of adaption of this ordinance. Our Federal Government has failed us for so long in holding back the tide of Illegals coming in this country that it has finnaly come down to communities looking for viable ways of of protecting themselves from the onslaught of crime and decaying infrastructers caused by Illegals .
    In our city of Rogers such ordinaces are being looked into.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If the Feds don't step in now, this will amount to steering the illegals to certian communities.

5. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

It passed -- unanimously.

Hispanic leaders are stating they will file a lawsuit to repeal the discriminating, unconstitutional law.

6. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

No, it is steering them AWAY from specific communities. But, it would be better of the federal government would enforce laws passed by the federal government. Or, rescind them.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Yep. And I believe it was FB that had this tradition that the longest-serving councilman was automatically mayor pro tem - until that one wasn't an Anglo.

Then they changed the rules.

It's not exactly a haven for liberals.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is the problem, how do illegals have rights (other than human)? How can our tax dollars pay for a lawsuit to defend the rights of someone who shouldn't be here?

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The U.S governement was called into some of the meat packing plants and they found out that if the illegals left it would have a huge economic impact on those towns. I know of some that if they left the town would almost be a ghost town. I have personally seen in one of the towns where the people are fixing up the homes.

Those who would advocate sending the illegals back then could you explain what you would do with the childreren who are U.S. citizens. The illegal aliens issue has been under the radar for at least 35 years and advocated by the government. There has been a lot of money given to programs to educate the people in schools here in the U.S.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We could start by changing the rule that says anyone born in the U.S. is a citizen.

11. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

[FONT=Arial, helvetica]http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/troosevelt.asp[/FONT][FONT=Arial, helvetica] -- they say it is true, but the year is wrong. Snopes goes further and discusses additional speeches Roosevelt gave about being an American. It is applicable at any time – different groups, similar division of loyalties.

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907

[/FONT]

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I would have liked Teddy.:thumbs:

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[SIZE="[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]"]I have often wondered why organization like LUCA would not invest money and time into eduacating and helping Illegals attain citizenship(and not by twisting our govenment inot allowing blanket amnesty) as for the young children who were born in the U.S. parents should either make arrangements with those who are legal to provide or take the child back with them or become legal themselves. I don't see why one would want to complicate this issue. LUCA could do a whole lot more for the Hispanic illegals other than whine about how unfair our laws are for them.[/SIZE]

14. kubel

kubel New Member

I agree. I think children born here are legal citizens, but that shouldn't automatically make the parents legal too. They should take the child back to their country, or they should make arrangements to have the child cared for here in the US (either by letting the child stay with family, or by adoption).

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I believe the people who were forced out of a job because they refused to work for little or nothing will return and gladly accept their old jobs back. With decent pay of course...

Oh, and it wouldn't really raise the price of meat, their pay should come out of big brother investors cut.