Making the Case for McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ps104_33, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33
    Expand Collapse

"A while back, I admitted that John McCain was not among my three favorite candidates for the Republican nomination. But I went on to say that if he emerged as the standard bearer for the GOP, he would get my vote. And to tell you the truth, I don’t feel I’ll have to bite the bullet in November so much as maybe gum it a little bit.
    Needless to say, I have been hearing from a great many conservative hardliners. Among the things they’ve called me are sell-out, traitor, closet liberal and a mole for the Democrats. When a few of them settled for calling me a fool or an idiot, it almost felt like a compliment."

http://townhall.com/Columnists/BurtPrelutsky/2008/03/21/making_the_case_for_mccain

2. saturneptune

saturneptune
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Unless there is a viable third party conservative running, what else can a person do but vote for McCain? We have enough problems without electing the two loonies running for the Democratic nomination. The theory that the extreme talk show entertainers use as a reason to vote Democratic is that things will be in such a bad state by 2012, that a conservative will be assured election. That assumes we survive four years.

3. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

Which could be quite difficult if Senator McCain becomes president.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy
    Expand Collapse

So true. We have been so damaged the last 8 years, not sure the country can survive 4 more if McCain is elected and follows policies begun by the current admin.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

What evidence do you have that McCain will follow Bush's policies? Has he not been at odds with Bush for years over several issues?

6. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

President Bush heartily endorsed him a couple of weeks ago. Senator McCain is just as much a warmonger, if not more so, as President Bush.