1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mall Madness

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Oldtimer, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I do not desire to be the lead story on the evening news, doing the perp walk for the cameras after a trip to the mall.

2. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Curtis, you are alright too:thumbsup:

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Tad Q.- Stupid question, but could you explain your avatar?

4. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is there to explain? It is a picture of Slash.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Slash? I'll google it. Thanks.

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

So, did Donna get it for you? You said she loves gettin' out there with 'em.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, nothing to get. I have everything I could possibly want. As far a devices from Best Buy, a cell phone that only calls does fine for me. Actually today, she left about 9 and was home before 1.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

My bride has done the Black Friday thing for several years now. She enjoys the challenge of planning it out. Plus, she is very much aware of our budget and the importance of being a good steward. It has nothing to do with greed, at least with us. In fact, each year we have gone more and more minimalist. This year our boys are getting one gift and some stocking stuffers.

Thankfully we don't have the craziness that other places do. Of course, we are town of only 60,000. People here are actually helpful. They watch carts for one another and offer to help others find what they are looking for and bring it to them if they do find it. We are talking about strangers do these things.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You are so right, SN!!! Are you sure you're not my long lost brother??? Mamma always said ------- "There's one of you missin'!!!!"

To force me to stand in a line I do not want to stand in for something I do not want nor do I need-----makes me a slave to the thing I am standing in line for!!! Therefore, many of us are slaves to our own worldly minds---because its the mind that is made up that says---I have got to stand in that line!!!