1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Man made at the beginning of creation-How old is the earth?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Jan 1, 2015.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully I'm misunderstanding what you are saying here.
    I get the impression from your comments that you DO NOT accept God's word.
    Please tell me I'm wrong.:confused::confused::confused:

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hate to break into this love fest but the very fact that you feel the need to ask this question demonstrates your ignorance of the issue.

What is being debated here is not the authority of God's word!
    Everyone that has participted in this thread accepts GOd's word as authoritative.

What is being debated is the interpretation of scripture.
    The interpretation of scripture has been a point of debate "from the beginning of creation". :tongue3:

Rob

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually not from the "beginning of Creation". We don't know how long Adam and Eve lived in marital harmony before she was seduced by the Serpent. It could have been 4.49+ billion years

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think they would have brought forth children in that 4.49 + billion years? Were children a result of sin?

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

OR, do you really understand me. Life was not present, according to the best science in the earliest days of our planet earth. According to the best scientific analysis planet earth had only the very simplest of life forms for a very long time. Consider the following time line.

In its 4.6 billion years circling the Sun, the Earth has harbored an increasing diversity of life forms:

for the last 3.6 billion years, simple cells (prokaryotes);
    for the last 3.4 billion years, cyanobacteria performing photosynthesis;
    for the last 2 billion years, complex cells (eukaryotes);
    for the last 1.2 billion years, eukaryotes which sexually reproduce
    for the last 1 billion years, multicellular life;
    for the last 600 million years, simple animals;
    for the last 550 million years, bilaterians, water life forms with a front and a back;
    for the last 500 million years, fish and proto-amphibians;
    for the last 475 million years, land plants;
    for the last 400 million years, insects and seeds;
    for the last 360 million years, amphibians;
    for the last 300 million years, reptiles;
    for the last 200 million years, mammals;
    for the last 150 million years, birds;
    for the last 130 million years, flowers;
    for the last 60 million years, the primates,
    for the last 20 million years, the family Hominidae (great apes);
    for the last 2.5 million years, the genus Homo (including humans and their predecessors);
    for the last 200,000 years, anatomically modern humans.

Humans have only been around for a very short time in the history of our planet.

You are welcome, as I know you do, to disagree with me on the issue of the How and How much time and the fact that we read and understand the principles and teaching of scripture are vastly different....that I understand. But please do not chime in with the mantra of many that I am in some way an unbeliever or that I do not accept scripture as the word and revelation of God.

I see an immense and wonderfully omniscient God that can and could have created anyway He so desired, for that matter He would not have needed 6 days (as we know them) Nothing I have said in ANY WAY reduces or impugns God and limits His majesty and awe. After all, just like you I wonder as the Psalmist did...."what is man that thou are mindful of him".

6. OldRegular

I believe the first animal died at the hands of God as a provisional atonement {covering} for the sin of Adam and Eve! I also believe that the one who developed that table had a vivid imagination!

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Would that not be an argument from silence?

8. OldRegular

You believe the myths created by the evolutionists, I don't!

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

In my opinion, I think Adam was made in the sixth literal day...day being an 24 hour day. It flows with the theme in the scriptures, in my opinion. God made the earth in six days and rested the seventh. He then told the Israelites to work six days and rest the seventh.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Gen 2:7 KJV

Exactly what was, " good and evil,"?

Did they arrive, "on the earth," at the same moment? Did one arrive before the other?

How long had the good, the light of life, been on the earth?

What had and when was, the good light V4G1 divided from, something? What had the good been divided from? Was good and evil equally divided?

From some verses: The light of the world. The light of life. From darkness to light. I Am, the light. I Am, the resurrection and the Life.

The earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep. Gen 1:2 --------Why? Was Evil already present? How long had Evil been on the earth?

Was the God about to bring forth man in his image in order that the Son of God could be manifested to destroy the works of the devil, the Evil one?

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

Are these thoughts not worth commenting upon relative to the age of the earth?