1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man-made 'bibles' based on vanity, are IDOLATRY!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thorwald, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorwald

Thorwald Member
    Site Supporter

I am a self-employed accountant, and I am deeply involved in year end accounting/tax work for my clients. I will respond to your posts as time permits.

Be warned! The Word of God IS GOD! If you decide to replace the KJV Bible with some other personal interpretation of the original documents, without God's permission/anointment, you will face the same anger from God, as Aaron's two sons, who 'added' incense to an offering. You are making yourself a 'god', when in fact, you are not. 'Tale-tellers' are just as guilty.

Closing down of my threads, allow you to remain in darkness, thus remaining, The Blind Leading The Blind.

It is written, that the road is very narrow. Can you imagine, facing God/Christ at the end of your life, and hearing the words, "I know you not?" Ministers believe that they are ALL going to heaven, simply because they attended a Bible College. Take a look at scripture. Who did God choose, and anoint? Some of the 'least' in man's eyes. He made these people, the 'greatest' in His own eyes.

The things that I write in this forum, are always the truth. They are not fantasies. They come directly from God. I have barely even started, but if you wish to remain in darkness......sobeit! :jesus:

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: this is pathetic....

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

To quote the late Red Skelton,"Boy, we're sure gonna miss you around here."

I see the word "BANNED" in the not too distant future.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Willis.....you offer a word of wisdom here:laugh::thumbsup: another self proclaimed mystic:eek::eek:

5. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize that the KJV was made by men and that it did not just drop out of the sky? :sleep:

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If you're calling me a self proclaimed mystic, you're wrong. Even Stevie Wonder and Ronnie Millsap can see where this fellow is headed. Straight to the "BANNED" bin. I am like a baseball umpire. I call'em as I see'em!!

Now, where are my glasses and dog at............ here boy, I can't feel you or hear you. Where are you at fella?

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:eek::eek:What!?!?!?!?!:eek::eek: Say it ain't so, Joe!! Say it ain't so!!!

8. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Certainly the incarnate Word of God is God, but as your post is dealing with translations of the bible, I assume you are talking about God's written word. If so, I must ask you (because I don't know), where does God's written word say that it is itself God?
    Sorry, but what Scriptural basis do you have for saying that any translation of the bible has special permission/appointment from God, while all others don't? Yes of course there are some hopelessly wrong "translations" around, but that does not mean that a bible translation must be wrong simply because it was published either before 1611 or after.

We cannot close down anybody's threads unless we are moderators (and most of us are not), so it is useless to address such a comment to the BB at large. Matters like these should be addressed to the Moderators.

That's a sweeping generalisation, in my view! I have yet to come across a Christian minister who imagines that their entrance to heaven is guaranteed by having attended a Bible College. Jesus Christ is the only way; it is only by believing on Him that a hell-deserving sinner can gain admission to God's glorious heaven.

But surely you know that true Christians differ in their understanding of many things - eschatology, church order, bible translations, prophecy, baptism, and much more. Now if someone was claiming to be a Christian, but saying that they didn't believe that Jesus is God, or that their basis for considering themselves as "Christian" was that they "always tried their best, and never did anyone any harm", or anything else of that nature, that would be different. But you seem to be saying that anyone who does not agree with your belief that the bible (God's written Word) is God, or with your notion of the KJV of 1611 being the only one with "God's permission/anointment", are still unsaved.

If you really believe that the rest of us a wrong on these matters, that's your prerogative. But if your desire is that we should consider seriously the things you are writing, surely you can see that the way you are writing at the moment is just going to sound arrogant, and not attract anyone to your point of view. Let me stress that I am definitely not saying that you are arrogant - just that the way you write comes across that way. What do I mean by that? Well, just think for a moment how you would feel if it was the other way round - if someone who disagreed with something you had written on the Baptist Board wrote a reply which said: "The things that I write in this forum, are always the truth. They are not fantasies. They come directly from God. I have barely even started, but if you wish to remain in darkness......sobeit!"

9. mandym

mandym New Member

Troll Alert!

10. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

This. :thumbs:

Before 1611 there were several English Translations of the Bible, and during the 1600-1700s there were multiple revisions made to the KJV (which one was the divinely inspired one?)

Before that, of course, many translations in other languages spanning the first 1500 years of the Church's existence. The earliest Christians didn't have the KJV, and they seemed to manage. :cool:

Personally, as an Anglican , I have a great respect for the KJV (the unabridged one which contained the Deuterocanonicals in the middle) which the Church of England translated/revised from previous translations and from the original languages. However, the language has changed over the last 400 years. I personally prefer the NKJV (reading the Deuterocanicals in the OSB or ESV), which is easier to understand but is still accurate and majestic, and the TMB after that (which is a more modest revision of the KJV which contains the DCs).

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Thornwart is at it again. Starts a trollish thread then disappears. Yep. that's what trolls do.

I seriously hope no one believes this nonsense that he parleys on here anymore...wait...nevermind, some do.

12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Originally Posted by Thorwald
    Be warned! The Word of God IS GOD!

There ARE people who believe this. These folks mean that the Bible is quite literally Jesus, as in, Jesus is the Word of God, the Bible is the word of God, therefore, Jesus is the Bible. Ran into them recently on 'The Christian Forum' on Facebook.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What if I decide to replace the KJV with the Geneva Bible?

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Reprobate! :flower::love2::godisgood::jesus:

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When there is chapter and verse produced that says that the KJV is the only Bible we should use, I will obey it. Until then, my ESV is my Bible and it's been the greatest blessing to me - convicting me, teaching me, ministering to me and blessing me. I thank God for the men and women who worked to bring me a solid Bible for my use. :)

16. billwald

billwald New Member

KJV was mostly taken from Tyndal which was mostly taken from the Vulgate?

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let`s do it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.