1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man Sues Church, Claims Spirit Forced His Fall

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by JFox1, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

Well, I do give a hearty Amen to that too! Too bad some people read the Bible with a pre-conceived idea of what it says, and so they miss some of the best things that God is doing today.

If the Word is read with an open mind to the Holy Spirit, He will reveil some awesome truths to the reader.

God Bless,

Tam

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

yes, an awesome truth, that only the enemies of God fell down in the bible by the power of the Holy Spirit.
    Whats too bad is some people will 'fall' for anything they hear, never giving a care if it's biblical or not.

3. tamborine lady

Acts 9-4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Paul fell to the ground so Jesus could get his attention.

1st Kings 8-10 And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the LORD,
    11 So that the priests
    could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD.

The Priests could not stand, doesn't say how they were positioned, but they could not stand because of the power of the LORD.

I pray that the power of God will hit you all someday and then you will understand.

God Bless,

Tam

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Slain in the so called Spirit is demonic and comes straight from ancient Hinduism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNiuRWHZrY

The falling down happening in the heretical rivial movements and in many of the charasmatic churches is straight from hell.

5. standingfirminChrist

Scripture says Saul fell to the ground, yes. But at that point, you must realize...

He had not yet become a believer! As a matter of fact, his first reaction is to question who it was that had knocked him off of his high horse.

I encourage you to study every instance where people accepted a touch from God and you will see they fell forward to their knees or to their faces in an act of humility and obedience.

Scripture does not say Saul fell backwards, sidewise, or any other wise. You cannot say he fell backwards because of accepting God's touch in light of other verses that state falling forward by so many others in the Word of God.

6. standingfirminChrist

And your belief is not pre-conceived? C'mon, Tam, open your eyes and watch what happens in those so-called 'slain in the spirit' lives.

Why is it those who are 'slain in the spirit' get up and leave with the same problems they came in with?

I say again, as I have said previously, if the people fall back and claim it is the Holy Spirit that has 'slain' them, then they should not need anyone to catch them as they fall. If it is of the Holy Spirit, maybe He wants them to get hurt. Ever think of that?

Just maybe the 'catcher's don't have faith that the Lord is 'slaying' these people, so they have to intervene?

Let 'em fall, I say. Then you will find what spirit they were in when they fell as the man suing the Church is doing. Sure ain't the Spirit of the Living God telling this man who was 'slain in the spirit' to sue the Church.

7. tamborine lady

Now I remember why I stopped coming to this board. There is no love here for non-baptists.:BangHead:

Tam

8. standingfirminChrist

Where has anyone shown no love for non-baptists?

Allowing the Spirit to knock them down is not love?

If we love someone, we sure ain't gonna hinder the moving of the Spirit in their lives.

9. standingfirminChrist

In my 30 years of studying the Word, I have never seen a 'catcher' mentioned in the Word of God.

Maybe Tam can point out the verse that shows there is to be a 'catcher'?

Even Eutychus, the one who fell out the window in the preaching service, didn't have a 'catcher'!

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sure he did, the ground... :laugh:

Remember, it's not the fall that hurts. It's the sudden stop at the end of the fall. :thumbs:

11. standingfirminChrist

Hmmm, so if the ground is the catcher as in Eutychus' case, Tam should not be so easily offended when I suggest we move out of the way and let 'em fall?

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Actually theres no love here for unbiblical false teachings.

13. standingfirminChrist

Hope she comes back. I sure want to know where the Bible says there is a catcher...besides the ground.

14. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

"The left" has absolutely nothing to do with this story.
    How in the world did you become so poisoned that this would be your perception?

Shame on you, Revmitchell.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I don't know about the left but I do know that trial lawyers will take on any case that they think they can win. Many talk about caring for the little man but they sure don't mind suing anybody for any reason if they think they can make a buck. They, the trial lawyers, complain all the time about binding arbitration. They can't see past their crooked noses to see that they are the very reason most business contracts now call for binding arbitration. Now, due to frivolous lawsuits like this one, we in the church, may soon be forced to have members sign binding arbitration contracts to attend church. It would probably cut down on the costs of liability insurance.

17. standingfirminChrist

Careful, sag. Not all lawyers are sheisters out to make a buck My step-son is a lawyer and is more concerned about the victim than anyone else in a case.

Let's not lump them all into the same box, eh?

18. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Perhaps there are a few exceptions. Even so, when they win a big suit the only people who benefit are the victim and, of course, the lawyer. Seems to me there must be a better way to distribute the award. The system encourages lawsuits based on the award of large sums of money. Something isn't right about that.

19. standingfirminChrist

Scripture states that the laborer is worthy of his hire. Reckon if the client signs a retainer stating he or she will pay the lawyer a certain amount, then that lawyer has been hired for the agreed amount.

No reason to beef.

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

We have a very close friend who is a christian lawyer, he choses cases based on whats right, not on how much money he can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.