1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marginal Notes

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I was going through some of my old Bibles and came across one that may be helpful in the original "marginal readings" of the KJV. It was printed in 1860 with commentary by Adam Clarke LL. D. F.S.A. M.R.I.A.

printed in Cincinnati by Applegate & Co. No. 43 main street.

I believe the marginal text are the original marginal texts from the AV1611, although the text appears to be probably Oxford.

Interesting an "Advertisement" is included in the front on the page following the Title Page. It is in regards to textual criticism and something that was printed in London 8th of September 1810.

This is only volume one I noticed going through Ezra.

Another book I have that might have some interesting information is "An Ecclesistical History, Ancient and Modern from the Birth of Christ to the Beginning of the eighteenth Century" published in 1871 by Applegate and written by John Laurance Mosheim D. D. -- chancellor of the University of Gottingen
    Translated from the original Latin by Archibald Maclaine, D. D.

Continued in the year of 1806 by Charles Coote, L.L.D. and furnished with a dissertation on the state of the primative church, by the right Reverand Dr. George Gleig of Stirling.

It includes a big chapter on the "reformed church".

If anybody is interested I can look up info in these books. They are extremely fragile.

Anybody know anything about these authors info would also be appreciated. I'm finding that I have a lot more stuff collected over the years than I realized, much of which I don't even know what it is.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go to Genesis 1 and tell me what the marginal notes say. I have a 1611 and will compare if you so desire.