1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marine to Receive Medal of Honor

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, Nov 10, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/10/medal.honor/index.html

Marine to receive Medal of Honor for Iraq heroism
    POSTED: 3:39 p.m. EST, November 10, 2006

(CNN) -- President Bush announced on Friday that the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military decoration, will be awarded posthumously to Marine Cpl. Jason Dunham.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Carpro

As soon as I saw the thread, I knew you were the one to post the thread.

Marines lead the way, or so I have heard.

Wayne

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The media has no problem reporting wrongdoings and mishaps.

There are other actions that should be reported as well.

I can't read one of these without getting chillbumps and I can't help but wonder...

Why do they do it? Where do we get such men?

In the face of all the false accusations, belittlement, chastisement and outright ridicule of some of their countrymen and their country's elected representatives, they continue to serve honorably and with great sacrifice.

Praise God we have such men, men who carry the fight for those who never will and never have. :applause:

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Amen!

God bless

Wayne

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What about all the other men in all the other wars who have thrown themselves on grenade.

Don't misunderstand, I am happy he is getting the nations highest honor but the reason he is receiving the medal means many other americans have qualified also.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

It must be late. Your post makes no sence to me.

The man served his country, his unit, his family, and his fellow man with honor and courage. As have so many men & women.

God bless

PS - I am not happy that he got the CMH. I wish that he had lived to be an old man instead of sacrificing his life for my freedom. However, I am proud of his courage that earned him the CMH.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The bravery of men like this is an inspiration to all of us, and a rebuke to those who walked away when their country called on them.

A major cause of the mess in Washington, is too few patriots, and too many chickenhawks.

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cowardly terrorists blow themselves up to kill innocent civilians, bystanders, and perceived enemies.

Soldiers get themselves blown up to save fellow soldiers and innocent bystanders.

There's a difference for ya.

Semper Fi !

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where indeed do these young men come from? I have tears in my eyes from pride and sorrow.
    God bless our troops. Thanks Carpro

10. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

You call that marine a "soldier", and he'll be waiting for you when you get to your reward. :mad:

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm sorry, I was not attacking the poor lad or his family, but the act for which he was awarded our nations highest honor has been performed by many soldiers in every war and none of them ever received the highest honor for that act.

My cousin Bobby was in Vietnam, they were aproaching a village when the kids ran out to them as they always would and the soldiers would give them candy etc... He noticed one of the kids who was in the midst of his platoon had explosives strapped to their body, Bobby shoved the kid to the ground and laid on top of the child. The bomb went off and luckily the child was between him and the bomb. Last he remembers of Vietnam was watching his guts being shoved back in by hand, wrapped in a poncho and being put on a chopper. He woke up a month and a half later in Walter Reed hospital.

He came back physically and not mentally. He still has nightmares and can't be around kids or hold a steady job. He received a silver star. His real medal is his buddies who came back from Vietnam and thanked him for their lives. Of course from Vietnam, Korea and WW2, my cousins story is just one of many, many, many that are like his.

I was not trying to detract from his glory and his worthyness to this honor but The medal of honor has always been reserved for warriors who has gone beyond the actions of a regular soldier. His act was almost common so I was suggesting we go back and give each soldier who has performed this same action an equal medal.

I'm not trying to make this a dem or rep, conserv or lib thing by saying they needed a hero from this war. I'm just saying what he did is not all that uncommon.

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, I take it back. He's a marine. Better still, he's a MARINE !!
    Semper Fi.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Awesome well trained American soldier, just awesome I love these men.

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Brother,

I thought there must have been something behind what you said.

Yes, there are always those that go the extra mile. There are always those that sacrifice more than those they serve with. Sometimes it is an extra helping of courage, but often it is just that timing of opportunity that some accidently call luck - but, this is more appropriately called providence.

I thank God for men like this and like your cousin Bobby.

Their sacrifice has made it possible for us to worship today.

Let him know that I thank him for his service.

Wayne

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Galatian

This was one of your finest posts ever.

:thumbs:

Wayne

17. Predestined

Predestined Member

Amen Galatian..........Amen.