1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marine's homecoming kiss

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? You think the world is shocked by this? Most of Europe is shocked by what prudes we Americans are. For those that have never lived in a foreign country, imagine my surprise when I'm watching British television and see my first Australian soap opera that routinely had full nudity. Check out BBC1 and their alleged "teen-ager dramas" that portray teen sex and drug use. Here in America, the most blatant parts are edited out; not so in their native country of origin. And British series routinely have homosexual kisses.

The world is not shocked by this; they're wondering why it took America so long to catch up to them.

---
    edited to add:
    I forgot to mention. The first experience I described above about British television and the Australian soap opera? That was back around 1991.

#21 Don, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you going to do , shoot the guy? Anyway I thought you said it wasn't about the Marines. Who's the commander in chief....blame him.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, thats what we want to be......friggin Europe.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:laugh: :wavey:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....guess we go both ways.:laugh:

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am pleased to tell you FAL that backsliding America has been pulled out of the flames of hell once before.

It was called The Great Awakewning.

It's history is rarely taught in Public Schools and when it is it's viewed as a strange historical anomaly.

Don't give up on America!

Found online in the Public Domain at:
    http://www.revival-library.org/pensketches/revivals/1st_whitefield.html

HankD

7. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Yet again, FAL, you have insulted not only me, but several of those here on the board. Blatant insults and insinuations are not supposed to be tolerated here.

On the subject of the OP, it is sad what things have come to. It doesn't surprise me, given the repealment of DADT, but it does sadden me.

I've decided to use FAL's logic here, so bear with me: all the carpenters out there, quit your jobs. I once met a homosexual carpenter. All you plumbers, same thing. All you lawyers, you'd better quit too. And all you teachers, doctors, ditch diggers, factory workers, and salesmen. Oh, and let's not forget that even some Baptist pastors have fallen. So any preachers out there might want to quit, too.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    By writing "I just do not think there are any real men left in the military," you have just insulted every born again member of the Armed Forces. Not to mention every FBFI endorsed chaplain. Do you really expect men and women to "fall on their professional swords" over this matter?

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks. That just blew my whole love of men in uniform obsession right out of the water. Now the only thing I'm gonna have in my head when I see those shiny buttons and crisp suits is the image of that dork with his legs wrapped around his boyfriend.

I somehow feel less safe knowing that the guys protecting this country might be too wrapped up in each other and get distracted with that when they're supposed to be keeping watch or something. There's a reason you don't take your wife with you to a war zone.

Blech.

10. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Pass the brain bleach, please....