1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark Driscoll Resigns from Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preachinjesus, Oct 15, 2014.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/10/15/exclusive-mark-driscoll-resigns-from-mars-hill-church/

After several weeks of time off, Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church in Washington state, has resigned his position.

Following my reading of this release, and seeing reaction, I thought it would appropriate to post this for feedback.

I am somewhat surprised that Pastor Mark resigned. However, now that he has I hope he gets the assistance he needs for healing and finds a new place to minister with grace and mercy. Though I have not always agreed with Pastor Mark's approach or manner, his love for the Gospel is clear as is his firm walk with Christ.

We should all be praying for the Driscolls and all those part of Mars Hill Church. This is always painful and may healing come to all.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Driscoll

Wondering if God told him to resign.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's interesting that it was nothing illegal or anything like wrong teaching that caused him to have to lose that ministry but his own personality - which was one of the things that shot him to stardom. I do wish him well and pray that this will allow God to work in his life to temper him and no longer be such an angry, reactive man.