1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark My Words: Obama Will FAIL His Test....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Oct 22, 2008.

1. dan e.

dan e. New Member

oh good grief. have you never considered that if Obama is our leader, then we should pray for him to make the right decisions? And that it would be the majority of the nation that put him there?

You make it sound as if he's put himself there. If people voted him in...that's the way democracy works.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the allegations of voter fraud that so many are espousing turn out to be fact, then this may not be true!!!!! What then???

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He did, He sent His son who died for the sin's of the world.

Define "love for their nation"? Is that love as you believe love should be defined or love as they feel it in their hearts. Did God give love exclusively to you or has He given a little to the rest of us?

Using God in this capacity is very close to blasphemy. My God is very capable of speaking for Himself and unless he has so dubbed you the new Prophet I would be careful speaking prophetically on his behalf. You know, he could also pass judgment on this country if He gets tired of His Name being used in vain.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You guys really scare me the way you throw God's name out there.... That's all I can say.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

In all things and times good and bad we are to trust God.. There will be people here on this board that if Obama is elected will call it a judgment, if McCain wins they will call it a victory even though both of them are so close together. Either way, God will be and has always been in control. At least he is in my life.

McCain says a lot of things, so does Obama... neither of them are worth the office in my opinion, but WE the people get exactly what we have asked for.. nothing more, nothing less.. You can't tell me of all the people in Amerian these two were the best we could put up for the office of POTUS?

It's ashame really...

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You mean the same type of fraud that was cried when Bush was first elected? If it doesn't or isn't ever proved there was wide spread fraud, then people will still believe there was.... The same type of people that didn't want Bush to win and still to this day call his election a fraud, that type of people exist on the other side of the aisle and will claim the same thing about Obama..

I wonder if the 'normal' people will tell us all to let it go, that the election is over and that now is the time we should pray for our leaders? Isn't that pretty much what was said about Bush to those people that wouldn't let it go?!?

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Well said... :thumbs:

8. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The charges in this post and the arrogant pretensions to knowledge are outrageous. To refer to any candidate's election as being "God's will" or "God's punishment" denigrates and trivializes God's will generally. I would remind you that the OT prophets were persecuted because they proclaimed God's word in opposition to prevailing religious sentiments. We should not be so quick to judge what God is doing in this election. We should be supportive of the president, whoever he is. As much as I disagreed with George W. Bush, I never turned my back on him. He was still my president because I am an American, and I participated in the election. I contend that you, like the rest of us are being tested in this election. I suspect that you are failing miserably. If you think this is too harsh, well, one good hyperbole deserves another. :BangHead:

Tim Reynolds

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I will not stand for this kind of language!!! I have not come near to having blasphemed. But sense they accused my Lord of the same, then I am in great company.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And You Accused Me of Being Low???

You sunk to a new low yourself Dude. Now that we are both down, maybe we can be Christian enough to lift each other up and out of the pit from which we fell into?:laugh:

:wavey: I'm right down here.....

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To Answer Your Question, In Short...

If you must be told, I'll share something with you that a lot of us already know....the USA is no longer under the Favored Hand of the Father.

I believe the US has been undergoing subtle warnings over the last 15 to 20 years, and we keep failing to repent and return to Him [we is collective for the entire group of people in this nation:1_grouphug: , not necessarily the Christians or the church].

The 9/11 incident, Katrina, etc., were simply warnings, and I believe they will only grow in their intensity. LE thinks we suffer a nuke strike, and that is a real possibility! The truth is, we are under going His judgment, and I would think that while He pulls His Favor and judges this nation [for killing unborn children, wickedness, false gods, greed, corruption, adultery, growth of homosexuality], I'd like to think that He is still allowing us to still choose a leader [even though the leaders are not of the caliber that they once were], and I'd want a leader that knows how to protect the people. We [the nation of people] will not escape the judgment of God, no one will. But, we need strong leaders as we are in the last days. We can choose our leader, and it would be wise to choose wisely; and McCain is the best choice we have should there be a military crisis, and that is a very likely proposition.:praying:

The Lord has packed his bags, bought a ticket, and ready to come back....we just need to be ready too....for His return will be like "a thief in the night!"

Pastor Paul:type:

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

No, it started long before President Bush and was fathered by the Democrats with the New Deal thinking.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Obama will steer the bus hard to the left. We'll be in the ditch or run over by the on-coming traffic.

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Then the next step is Communist from which all people ultimately seek freedom but at great cost.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You bet buddy, you can stand on my shoulders if you promise to pull me up when you get out the ditch...

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Possibly, but it's better than the cliff on the right. At least we have a chance of making it.

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Absolutely! Few people understand the difference much less see that the responsiblity for what has happened and is happening rests with the people. If we continue we will utlimately lose our ability to govern ourselves.

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've Come to Far...

We've grown since I've come on the BB....and I count you as a brother, even if we disagree. I'd never leave a brother, or sister [including Palin] behind.

Love In His Name,

Pastor Paul:thumbs:

19. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Before you can make such a claim you first must establish the fact that there is such a cliff on the right...:tonofbricks:

20. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Obama and McCain are not at all the same! McCain isn't ideal be he's a whole lot better than Obama. The available choices my not be as favorable as we'd like but it's a mistake to write off the decision as an equal choice and to thereby take a stance of apathy.