1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marriage bed undefiled?

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by webdog, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

You obviously haven't studied through Song of Solomon in its context.

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

And you sir, obviously do not know what you are talking about.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Justify your Biblical ignorance any way you like.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If only reproductive, marital sex is allowed, then I submit to you the following decree:

December 12, 2006

By the decree of Pope Stephanos I of the one holy, Baptist and online discussion Board---

The following actions are now proscribed:

1) Sexual activity between husband and wife when the wife has reached menopause.

2) Sexual activity between husband and wife during any time period other than ovulation.

3) Sexual activity between husband and wife for the purposes of pleasure in any form.

Signed,

Stephanos I, PP

5. Jeep Dragon

Jeep Dragon Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not going to claim that any "method" of "sex" is right or wrong, but I do wish for clarification on issues.

1. What IS sex, anyways? What defines sex? Can a husband offer his wife a hotdog for her to eat and call it sex because they both are doing such in an emotional frenzy? Is what lesbians do with each other sex? I really want to know?

Couldn't sex be defined as the natural way while "oral" and any other way be considered "having fun" (even if it is not sin)?

I have the same problem with the term "dating." No two people have ever given me the same definition for dating. I have seen a man and a woman who hang out together by themselves on a regular basis and even stare at each other passionately. I have asked the man if they were dating, in which he replied "no, we're just friends." I asked, would it offend the woman if you did something with another woman, which he replied "yes." I asked if it would offend him if she did something with another man, which he replied "Ofcourse." He then told me, "Well, we know that we love each other, but we're not really official yet." After a month, he announces that they are now official. I asked if they are planning an engagement to which he replied, "Not for a while, we're just officially dating now." I saw absolute ziltch between the time they were "just friends" to the time they were "official."

I have seen this over and over. Whenever I ask people like this what dating means, they always end up saying "I don't know."

I can present my own unbiased, Scripturally undefined definition of dating.

1. The terms "a date" and "dating" are not the same.
    2. A date is whenever a man and a woman ever decided to do anything together because they have any sort of interest in each other and want to see if anything will come out of it.
    3. Dating is whenever a man and a woman mutually agree to meet according to a schedule because they are interested in each other and are too afraid to show interest in anyone else.

If people took these definitions to heart, they would realized how easy it is to be considered a date or dating. People would be careful if this distinction was not blurred.

What is my point in all of this? I caution people to be careful in blurring the definition of anything. We may now consider "oral sex" as sex, but our great grandchildren may ask, "what's the difference if it's a guy's mouth or a girl's mouth? They are pretty much the same anyways." Maybe we should try to get a clear definition of what dating is and what sex is before we confuse people. Who knows, our great grandchildren might see a gay man married to a transvestite trisexual woman married to a monkey (yes three) as a marriage and whenever they get into a passionate food fight with the other two, it's called sex.

This is a wild example, but can show how definitions can change when they are not clearly defined.

6. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's got to be the best quote on this board EVER. :thumbs:

7. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, first many of you guys say I can't enjoy my beer. That's almost understandable.

Next some of you guys say that it's sinful for me to go hunting. I thought it was getting a little crazy then.

Now apparently I can't get freaky with my own wife? Either some of you are nuts, or I need to find a new religion.

8. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

You are either a troll, or need serious counceling. With all the obtuse rules and laws you place on yourself, and try to place on everyone else, with no scriptural backing, you have to be the most miserable, unhappy person to ever walk the planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.