1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Married Congressman Sorry After Videotape of Him Kissing Staffer Goes Public

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Throughout last fall’s congressional campaign, McAllister, a Republican from Swartz, touted his Christian faith and in one television commercial, he asked voters to pray for him. At least two other campaign television commercials featured McAllister walking hand in hand with his wife, Kelly, while their five children walked along. One television commercial captured the McAllister family in the kitchen of their home preparing breakfast before attending church.

McAllister told The Ouachita Citizen during last fall’s campaign that he would not shy from stressing his Christian faith. McAllister and his family are members at North Monroe Baptist Church. That faith prepared him for public service, he said during an interview.

“You don’t achieve goals by compromising your integrity but by building relationships on respect,” McAllister said.

On Tuesday, Heath Peacock [husband of woman McAllister kissed] granted an interview with CNN. He said McAllister had “wrecked my life.” Peacock pointed out that McAllister had “apologized to everyone in the world except me.”

“I know his beliefs. When he ran one of his commercials, he said ‘I need your prayers,’ and I asked, ‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes,’” Peacock recalled for CNN. “He broke out the religious card and he’s about the most non-religious person I know.”

http://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacitizen/news/article_dce7369e-be77-11e3-9b86-0017a43b2370.html

#41 InTheLight, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  2. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something's fishy. The woman, Melissa Peacock a self-employed cosmetologist donated $5,200 to McAllister's campaign last fall. Melissa's husband Heath, a home inspector, also gave $5,200 to McAllister's campaign. After the election Melissa got hired to work in McAllister's office. So there's $10,400 from a couple that I'm going to guess are not in the upper 2% of income earners.

There's more.
    McAllister and Heath Peacock grew up a little more than three miles apart in rural West Carroll Parish. McAllister and Heath Peacock both graduated during the 1990s from Forest High School. For many years, McAllister has been friends with the Peacocks, who were captured in photographs with the McAllister family at a birthday party in a 2009 Facebook photo album posted by Kelly McAllister. McAllister also worked with Heath Peacock over a 16-year period for Mustang Engineering, a Houston, Texas-based oil and gas company.

http://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacitizen/news/article_dce7369e-be77-11e3-9b86-0017a43b2370.html

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know that they weren't given the opportunity to deal with it before it was made public? Usually what reporters do is inform the parties involved they are going to run a story and ask for a comment.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I've noticed that the only time anyone is "sorry" for something, it's usually AFTER they get caught. I think that such people are only sorry they got caught.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.