1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marrying Outside of Your Faith

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Betuel

Betuel New Member

I don't get your drift, i see their marriage and like i said its blessed by God. I see people enphisising denominations more than they really should. I've only been to about half dozen Romanian Pentecostal churches in America and Romania and they must be very different than American Pentecostal because i have never hear any other gospel than that Jesus came to die for our sins and salvation is through him alone. I have never heard any of these Pentecostal churches speak in tongues. They do however all prey together at the same time but if i hone in on one person i can understand what he is praying. Why Dont you give me some examples of that "wide gulf" in doctronal stance and will ask what he thinks about them or how he/she approaches these issues...

2. A2J

A2J New Member

No, that's okay, I'll pass. I've said more than I've wanted to say on the subject anyway. Like I said in my first posting " 'nuff said."

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Marrying outside of your faith is not right for the children.

My father was a Catholic and my mother was a Presbyterian.

My mother had to 'vow' to raise me as a Catholic before I could be 'baptized' as a baby.

I went to an RCC grade school.

I would go to mass every day before school, but on Sundays I would go to the Presbyterian church with my mother.

They I had to go to confession and admitted I had sinned by doing so.

Talk about confusion! What a mess!!!

If one does not 'date' outside of his/her faith, they will not have to worry about marrying outside their faith...

4. JayT

JayT New Member

This is something clows to my heart right now as it is an issue our church is going through. Although I do believe that people can be saved in any denomination, but this is inspite of the denomination, not because of it. For example, we had some Lutheran neighbors. The lady shared the gospel with my wife, that you are saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ. What we eventually found out is that what she said and what she meant were two different things. The source of her assurance of salvation was not in faith, but in her baptism which she said gave her the faith. She belived she was saved by baptism. and more specifically, the words spoken at the baptism. This is not doctrinal, and because it deals with the area of salvation, this is also a false gospel. Anybody in any given church group who takes what the church teaches over the plain bible doctrines may be in the same position. Another example would be Catholics praying to Mary or the "Saints", or just about any other Catholic dogma. With thatbeing said, I would not count anybody form another denomination as like faith just because they say they are saved. I would not promote my daughter seeking a husband outside of Baptists. If she did, I would spend some serious time making sure the young man had his doctrine straight before giving my blessing. The defining line of what constitutes like faith lies at the end of the day in what your doctrinal stances are, and how fast you are willing to stand for them.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have always said " Every date is a potential mate":saint:

Salty

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Exactly, Salty!

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm with ya, Sue Girl!!!

My momma was raised Roman Catholic---south Louisiana style

My daddy was raised Baptist

He'd go to church at Baptist church---she'd go her way to the Mass over at the Catholic church

By and by, though---he got to be good friends with the Baptist preacher and his wife---the preacher took opportunity to share the saving gospel of Jesus Christ with my momma---she received Jesus into her life---was baptized by total immersion and went "Cold Turkey" on the RCC and then started going to church with my daddy

Her family??? They ostrisized her--condemned her--the whold Catholic "Nine yards" of critizism!!!!

It took her family a long time---several decades---to finally accept her again

But it was pitiful!!!

I would say---marrying outside of your faith---avoid it!!! Theres plenty of Baptist girls/guys out there---you don't have to mess things up-pray Lord's leadership and guidance!!!