1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Martial Law and the Militarization of Public Health:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jul 30, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

"End of live counseling" will no doubt consist of talking the elderly out of wanting medical care - or getting them to accept the fact that they will be denied medical care - in the name of cost savings.

How quickly you seem to forget Obama and his surrogates telling the elderly that they will have to learn to just "accept the illnesses and conditions that come with old age", that they will have to "step back" from healthcare, that "Grandma may not need that pacemaker".

LeBuick, has it even dawned on you that soon the obese will be lumped in with the elderly where it comes to calculating whether the cost of the health care services is worth it?

That some faceless government bureaucrat will say "no" to some vital health care procedure because the obese patient will statistically not live as long as the non-obese?

When that day actually arrives will you still think that the Obama plan is a good idea?

2. alatide

alatide New Member

Christian scientist? I wish we had relied on God rather than the army in Iraq. You seem to be saying you would have supported that?

3. alatide

alatide New Member

You have a choice. Remember though when having a polio vaccination was required to get into school? I guess the communists have been at this for a long time.

Do you regret taking the Salk vaccine? Did that do you more harm than good?

4. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

Did those vaccines contain toxic adjuvants or heavy metals?

5. alatide

alatide New Member

I still don't see the difference between a government official deciding that you are denied a medical procedure and an insurance company lackey doing the same. Oh, I suppose the insurance company is trying to make as much profit as possible by reducing your care. Haven't you seen that happening the last few years. I have a good job with a strong company and my deductable is now $1,200 and out of pocket max is over $5K as a single person. For families the max is over $11K. That would have been considered terrible just a few years ago.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, here is the difference. A person in government in a decision making capacity is more likely than not inept, and way beyond his or her abilities in the job they hold. When it comes to moving the mail, maybe it does not matter. But health care, that is a matter of life and death. I agree people in insurance companies have no business making such decisions either, but will guarantee you they are more competent than a governmnet bureaucrat.