1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mary Jo Kopechne Can Finally Rest in Peace!!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Aug 26, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

:laugh: That was truly funny.

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No, I was admitting to the Christian side of Christianity, the left-wing side. When I said right-wing I really meant the Reich-wing side.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is really good to know that there is a Christian side of one party that embraces and passes laws the prop up abortion and gay life styles, and the Christian side of another party that is run by self indulgent, power hungry, morally degenerate slobs that will use any issue, including lying about being conservative, lying about protecting our liberty, and lying about their family and moral values to garner votes. Yes sir, that is what you call a double Christian side.

If you are truly interested in a Christian principled nation, run by the Constitution, why dont you get off the Democrat-Republican debate facade, and embrace the only thing that will bring that about, the elimination of these two parties, and electing officials with some honesty and dignity.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That was good...I was waiting for the punch line :laugh: "left wing Christianity" BAHAHAHAHA

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really?

None of them raised chickens?

Regardless, a cursory Internet search will reveal that the Egyptians prior to the Exodus knew female anatomy and the purpose of ovaries.

The ancients knew.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Back on topic...

In a posthumous memoir that will soon be published, Kennedy shares his thoughts on the Chappaquiddick incident:

Kennedy says his actions on Chappaquiddick on July 18, 1969, were "inexcusable." He says he was afraid and "made terrible decisions" and had to live with the guilt for more than four decades.
    More HERE

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

So in one post, you call people who disagree with you Nazi's, and question their faith?

Disgusting. You are quite likely the most immature poster on the BB. Grow up.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He Still Went On to Prosper...

He still went on to prosper. In fact, he was alive for another 4 decades, while she was laid to rest and never have the chance to live, prosper, and attain her dreams.

I still say he should have went to jail, and never been allowed to run for public office. Now that is beginning of true remorse, and you can't deny that MP. Or, maybe you will and can, deny that?

Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Paul, it is indeed tragic about what happened to Mary Jo. But it was an accident. Kennedy shouldn't have left the scene. But should he have been persecuted over it? No. Did he get off lighter than you or I would have? Who knows. But would you think that Laura Welch should have been imprisoned for vehicular homicide as well? I know the circumstances of the accidents were different, but people died in both.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who was Laura Welch???

Hey MP, the only tragedy of the incident was that Kennedy got away with murder.
    If it looks like murder, smells like murder, and walks like murder: IT IS MURDER!!! How can you call it an accident? The moment Kennedy decided NOT to report the accident until the next day, it became murder. Sometimes, I wonder about your value system??? But, if you want to allow your political leanings to guide your heart and NOT the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit, than that is between you and your Father in heaven.

When the incident took place, I was a teenager, and even as a teen and still yet to give my heart to God, I knew that Kennedy committed a murder of that young lady. And my parents were "die hard Democrats."

My dad and mom even said it was mighty suspicious, and not just an accident.

Sorry MP, but on this one you are not thinking as a person who wants justice for every person that is a victim of big politics, money, and power. You have joined their club, and in my mind, I say "shame on you!":tear:

Pastor Paul:type:

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    An Accident! Hog wash - Though there wasn't probably enough proof , there was enough circumstantial evidence that Teddy was DWI! It was not an accident!

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

It was an accident, that's all. She's just one more unfortunate person who was killed in a vehicular accident.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    An accident is an unfortunate event that could not have been prevented, thus is was NOT an accident. This had been an avoidable collision, as 98% of all automobile collisions are.

And yes, if Rush Limbaugh had been the driver in that situation, I would not call that an accident, but rather an avoidable collision due to DWI (or drugs) as the case may be.

Salty
    Certified Driving Instructor

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

An accident as a result of irresponsible behavior (drinking) and then he left he left her for dead. Despicable but then he is not the pig man is he

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, no use crying over spilt milk, right?

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Correct! :thumbsup:

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yep, water under the bridge.

18. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep ! Just like that "unfortunate accident" involving J. Caesar & Brutus - Brutus was just practicing his knife thrusts when ole Julius just happened to get in the way.

Yep! Same scenario!

(Common sense has been on his death bed for a long time now, but apparently ole CS has finally kicked the bucket!):BangHead:

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think DWI (or DUI) should be a capital offense anyway. The scumbag should have hanged for that.

20. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

That has been my theory since the first time I read "Julius Caesar!" :laugh:

Note: Brutus didn't face any charges either.