1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mary, only surrogate?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Amy.G, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes that is what it means, but because it says one man it is dealing with Adam alone not with Eve.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I tried to read it and the guy comes across as a nut case. He needs to stick to scripture instead of science.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Hmmm. I didn't think he seemed like a nut, but maybe he is. Science is good as long it's confirming God's word. Where it goes wrong is when it is opposed to God.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I could not get past the first few paragraphs as there was no mention of scripture. We do not need science to confirm the bible. The bible confirms science. He should have stuck with the scriptures. Your friends belief is false and if scripture does not convince her then no amount of science will.

6. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Amy, I think another thing that requires that Jesus be the true son of Mary is the Protoevangelium, Genesis 3:15. The seed of the woman spoken of here is Jesus. "Seed" implies genetic parentage, not some surrogate birth.

I think this is the only place in scripture that refers to the seed of a woman.

7. beameup

beameup Member

I would not underestimate the importance of DNA. Satan's great attempt to corrupt the entire human genome
    and thus render it impossible for God to provide a Savior for mankind is evidenced in Genesis 6.

Considering that genetic labs have recently grafted non-human genes into human DNA is a window into the horrible
    things hinted at during the Tribulation. A real "Pandora's box".

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I agree. I can find nothing that convinces me that Jesus was created in heaven and placed in Mary's womb.

9. beameup

beameup Member

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared for me: - Heb 10:5 :jesus:

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Things like this is why I have "ZERO" confidence in this man. I wouldn't waste my time with what he has to say. He is in love with Israel so much, that he should pack up and move.

If Jesus wasn't the Child of Mary, then we all need to throw our bibles in the river. I am not tossing mine.