1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mary Statue raises hackles...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Bro. Curtis, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Meercat

Meercat New Member

Ok, I may be a day late and a buck short in replying here, but apparently there was an issue over someone having a statue of Mary in their yard not being "appropriate", and everyone here seems to agree that no one should be telling anyone what they can have for lawn ornaments, and that's great, but I noticed a comment from Gina that bears addressing. I hope you don't think I'm singling you out Gina, I'm only trying to address your concerns along with those of Brother Adam and other like-minded Christians. When a Catholic consecrates him or herself to Mary, it is NOT "in lieu" of Jesus,.....I repeat...it is NOT "in lieu" of Jesus,......OR God!!! We DO see Mary as our spiritual mother and we DO like to think of ourselves as gladly throwing ourselves into her arms just as we would our earthly mother. If her arms were good enough for Jesus, why aren't they good enough for us? Do you really think she being in heaven, is limited by space and time as we here are on earth? See Heb. 12. This isn't as far as a stretch as many of you make it out to be, really! I mean this out of charity, not sarcasm or exasperation. I understand and appreciate your concerns to avoid paganism, having been where you are now before. - In the love of Christ - Meercat