1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

masonic lodge

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by preacherchris, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Honestly

I have never seen this but most likely you do not have all that is written as a Masonic Monitor as you call it is only parts of what is being told so you are drawing a conclusion on only part of the Full information. And I would ask you read the rest of the website to get your anwser.

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

If you have not seen this, perhaps you have not seen all that is written and are drawing a conclusion on only part of the information. :D (sorry, I couldn't help myself)

I didn't call it that. I called it the Kentucky Monitor. It is a handbook for masons which, from what I have read, is similar to that which is in several, if not all, of the states.

I read some more. This was also on the website.
    (Under "What is a Mason")
    "A Mason binds himself to like minded men in a Brotherhood that transcends all religious, ethnic, social, cultural and educational difference."

So, the brotherhood of masonry transcends ALL religious differences. "All" would have to include Christianity.

Again, quoting from:

MORALS AND DOGMA OF THE ANCIENT AND ACCEPTED SCOTTISH RITE OF FREEMASONRY

Prepared for the Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third Degree, For the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States, and Published by its Authority
    Charleston, A M 5680 - (1920 A.D.)

Page 104

"Masonry, like all of the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts, and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the truth, which it calls light, from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it. So God Himself incapacitates many men, by color-blindness, to distinguish colors, and leads the masses away from the highest Truth, giving them the power to attain only so much of it as it is profitable for them to know. Every age has had a religion suited for its capacity."
    "The Teachers, even of Christianity, are, in general, the most ignorant of the true meaning of that which they teach. There is no book of which so little is known as the Bible. To most who read it, it is as incomprehensible as the Sohar."
    "So Masonry jealously conceals its secrets, and intentionally leads interpreters away. There is not sight under the sun more pitiful and ludicrous at once, than the spectacle of the Prestons and the Webbs, not to mention the later incarnations of Dullness and Commonplace, undertaking to "explain" the old symbols of Masonry, and adding to and "improving" them, or inventing new ones."

conceals its secrets...
    uses false explanations and misinterpretations...
    to mislead those...
    to conceal the truth...
    to draw them away...
    the most ignorant...
    those who are unworthy...
    it (The Bible) is as incomprehensible...
    jealously conceals its secrets...
    intentionally leads interpreters away...

These are not my words and they are not rumor or gossip. They are either true or they are not. Either way, quite a quandry.

3. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Yea I was waiting for that [​IMG]

It means that we are to Love Your Neighbor and be charitiable to others in need. Some Funidmental muslims could not work with a Christian because they so hate us. But for Christianty there is nothing to Transcend because this is the teachings of Christ to Love Your Neighbor and Charity. To be more specific someone even thou it is not Biblical may not work with say a Muslim may not help them with building a house or if they are broke down on the side of the road offer them a ride. This is what the above statement pretains to to put away not Christian Teachings but some religouis biases we have devoloped.

As far as Albert Pike not a whole lot of Freemasonrys really put to much into what he says and at the beginning of the Book I believe he states it is just His view on it. I will have to look into it futher.

[ July 08, 2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Jacob Webber ]

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

It may just be me but, I just cannot see how these two sentences could possible mean the same thing.

"the brotherhood of masonry transcends ALL religious differences" = "we are to Love Your Neighbor and be charitiable to others in need"

Words have meanings and when you make sentences with them, they convey a thought which is to be associated with the words being used. Otherwise, no communication can take place. By that I mean, "5 is a number and most pizzas are round". See?

Pike may not be as respected as he once was but it was definitely more than just his view on it.

Prepared for the Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third Degree, For the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States, and Published by its Authority
    Charleston, A M 5680 - (1920 A.D.)

5. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

("the brotherhood of masonry transcends ALL religious differences" = "we are to Love Your Neighbor and be charitiable to others in need")

(Words have meanings and when you make sentences with them, they convey a thought which is to be associated with the words being used. Otherwise, no communication can take place. By that I mean, "5 is a number and most pizzas are round". See?)

That is why it adds ethnic, social, cultural and educational difference to show that no matter the differances of these we can all meet on a common level for the purpose Loving Your Neigher and Charity to carry out these nobel works.

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

It really doesn't make any differnce what it adds to the list, or why. Since it includes the statement that Masonry transcends religious differences it places itself in a superior position to ALL religious doctrine. It is mere arrogance to place itself above ethinic, social, cultural, and educational differences but to place itself above ALL religious differences is ...well... for lack of a better word...blasphemy.

7. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

I believe you are taking it the wrong why to break it down it simple means to meet and work together regardless on differinces in Religion, ethinic , cultural and educational views. It is nor arrogance or blasphey by sound teaching. Christ did not care who was of what Religion, ethinic , cultural or educational He came to die for all. He would receive and help anyone even if they did not believe He was God. For us to follow this example to put aside our differences to Love our Neighbor, Relieve of Brother's and be Charitible to those in need is neither Arrogance or Blasphey but is following the teachings and example of Christ.

8. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

The problem is that Christ IS one of those religious differences which Masonry claims to transcend. If Masonry were a mere civic organization seeking to do good works and didn't deal with heaven, God, salvation, worship, the immortality of the soul, and countless other esoteric references to things spiritual then I would say nothing about their endeavors. Masonry, however, claims to be a greater light, a guide into the spiritual realm, a repository of ancient knowledge that only the few are entitled to. As such, it behooves me to comment on both the sublte and not so subtle inconsistences between Masonry and the light Jesus wants to shed on everyone.

9. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

First Christ is not a religion, Christ is a fact. What Masonry say it transcends is not Christ but the differnt beliefs of Christians like the Denomanations. Basiclly could you goto a Church lets say a Methodist Chruch not all but some teach you can loose you Salvation. Now would you goto that church and listen to a preacher teach you can lose your Salvation. Now you may not want to goto a Church that teaches this but could you put aside your differinces long enough to help someone out by offering them a place to stay while a love you is in the hospital and feeding them and could you work together feed widows and orphans.

This is want is ment by transceding religious differinces not to fight over you differinces but to put them aside long enuff to work together to provide for another no matter their belief, ethnic, cultural and educational differences. So the Black man can work with the White Man, The Baptist with the Methodist, the Mexican with the Americain and the College Grad with the GED Grad that to put aside your differences and work together.

This does not mean to stop Witnessing Christ, But to not threat people badly because they believe differently than you and to put aside that prejudice and work together to help others.

10. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

True

True

Half-Truth. "ALL religious differences" Not merely between denominations but between Jews, Christians, Muslems, Buddists, New Agers, etc. So that they ALL may kneel together and pray to the Architect of the Universe

I might visit but I sure wouldn't join, no matter what else good they might do.

Long enough to dig a ditch or take an elderly lady some groceries? Sure. Long enough to join them in a religious activity? Not for a heartbeat.

That was a joke, right?

Are you saying that this concept transcends Christianity? Masonry says that it transcends ALL religious differences. Transcends doesn't mean it overlooks it, it means is above all of that.

11. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

(Half-Truth. "ALL religious differences" Not merely between denominations but between Jews, Christians, Muslems, Buddists, New Agers, etc. So that they ALL may kneel together and pray to the Architect of the Universe)

A lot of people asume all Masons worship the same god this is not True. The Grand Architect of the Universe is a Christian concept because in the 1700's Freemasonry seemed to be Christian only. Than some Jews wanted to join the Grand Architect of the Universe at that time was not yet invented they simply said Jehovah or YHWH. But the Jews can not by their LAw say the name of God so Jehovah was changed to God than since Masonry involes Architects in its work. It was changed from God to Grand Architect of the Universe taken from John Calvin.

Later other people of differing religions joined because the teachings presented in Freemasonry are Brotherly Love, Relief and Charity all of these teachings are compatiable with Christianty. But not everone believe in Jehovah the God presented in Freemasonry in the Threefold aspect of the Trinity. So even thou other do not believe in God they are allowed to join the BLue Lodge because the teachings of Brotherly Love, Relief and Charity is good teaching for all.

(That was a joke, right?)
    No joke people still are prejudice and Freemasonry teaches other wise that all are equal.

(Are you saying that this concept transcends Christianity? Masonry says that it transcends ALL religious differences. Transcends doesn't mean it overlooks it, it means is above all of that.)

Well if you try to take it out of context than you can say that, But what it means is that if for in this instance you are a Christian and you can not stand be near anyone or you denomantaion teaches that if you better than others than Freemasonry transcends this by saying all are equal just as the Bible does.

12. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Jacob,

I have a question here. So are you saying that freemasonry believes in separate but equal? Seeing as how the african-american in most states must belong to the Prince Hall Masons. Which by the way many white masonic groups don't recognize them as being legitimate.

Bro Tony

13. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Bro Tony
    There is no requirement of Skin Shade to join Freemasonry. The African Americain does not have to belong to the Prince Hall Lodges and are welcomed in my Lodge. But as with anything there are those who are still prejudice I have seen in in other Lodges It is something we all must try to change.

14. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I agree Jacob, I think it would be great if all organizations openly state that it is time for the prejudice to stop. The church has had to do that, all should.

Bro Tony

15. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

What really gets to me Bro Tony. And I do not know if you have heard this or not but I have heard it out of some Holiness and other Denomanations that the Mark of Cain or the Curse on Noah's son was turning him black. And it seems to orginate in America and it is a shame because around 6000yrs ago God created the Universe and the Earth and on the 6th day created man one male on female. And from those two peoples genetic makeup was all of the possible Hair, skin, eye and so on traits in the word today. It is a shame alot of people can not see we are all made in the image of God and should be threat and threat others as such.

16. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

You are right about this, it has been a teaching of the Mormon church also. When a person brings up this ridiculous teaching I ask them do they believe in a world-wide flood. They usually say yes, and then I respond by asking them if only eight people survived the flood, and those came from the line of Seth where does their teaching about "the mark of Cain" come from. It is just another faulty reason to justify their ungodly prejudice.

Bro Tony

17. rufus

rufus New Member

He is deceived [​IMG]

At most, there are two extreme leves of masonry:

1. Grassroots, where little is known about the internal workings of the group [​IMG]

2. Top levels, where everything is know about the group :D

18. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Rufus
    what are the top levels of Freemasonry. The York Rite in the Knights Templar you have to profess a Faith in Christ before you can become a member and to vow to uphold and protect Christianty above all others. Does this sound Satanic in any way.

19. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

No but then again with everything I have quoted you replied that they didn't mean it so, what reason would I have to believe that they mean this?

20. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Since you are not a Mason you only know what is presented to you on the web or book. Before you can understand what it is talking about you have to have the whole story.

The Blue Rituals are based on YHWH and do mention Christ in them. But since non-Christians can join they can interput it to there religion even thou it does not match. For instance God in the Threefold aspect of the Trinity this is clearly Christian refrence to God (YHYW) the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Lion of the Tribe of Judah it is clearly pointing to the Messiah (Jesus Christ). But if you are not a Christian than it woud not be Christ to you. In the Blue Lodge it makes since to a Christian things that are being said but to a Muslim at certain points they would not understand such as Lion of Judah and God in Threefold aspect of the Trinity.

The Blue Lodge is not a Christian Fraternity but the teachings of Christ are all thru it. I asumed they wanted to share these teachings with those who were not christian and allowed them to start joining somewhere in thw 1700s.

The Knights Templar is a Christian Fraternity. Hence Christians only.