1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Masonic Organizations

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by mark, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Johnv
    Thanks, I guess I could have made it a little clearer. Let me take the last statement and show you what I mean.

"Same book: A Mason leading the ceremony talks to the initiate.

"There you stood without our portals, on the threshold of this new Masonic life, in darkness, helplessness, and ignorance. Having been wandering among the errors and covered over with the pollutions of the outer and profane world, you came inquiringly to our doors, seeking the new birth, and asking a withdrawal of the veil which concealed the divine truth from your uninitiated sight. And here, as with Moses at the burning bush, the solemn admonition is given. "Put off they shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground."

A Masonic official (frequently an unsaved man) tells an initiate (let's say he is a Christian) that this saved man was in darkness, helplessness, and ignorance. Are you comfortable having unsaved Masons telling you that you are in darkness, that you have been wandering around in error and pollution (your church) because you have not been a member of Masonry? If you are to recieve the new birth through Masonry then you must not have had it before. Divine truth has been concealed from you because you were not a Mason. Is God witholding truth from us and investing it with men who not only make no claim of Christianity but often are Jewish, or Muslem, or other nonChristian groups The biggest blashpemy in the paragraph, however, was the contention that inside the walls of the lodge resided the presence of God as with Moses at the burning bush. The LODGE is Holy Ground, I don't think so. Either they are right and we should all join or they are wrong and and we should identify them for what they represent (false doctrines). Honestly, I am not upset, I just don't want to use politcally correct words that would allow someone to think there is anything acceptable about Freemasonry.