1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Masons? Good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ajg1959, Oct 9, 2008.

1. mattjtayl

mattjtayl New Member

Well the problem with masonry is that there are so many factions of it that the rituals, rules, and beliefs vary so widely across the world that there is no clear cut set in stone beliefs; the set of beliefs run the gamut. Some grand lodges only allow christians to join and quote the bible over 200 times in their rituals while other grand lodges are very strict about not letting any christianity into their lodges. Some Grand Lodges can have you suspended for mentioning Jesus in lodge, while other Grand Lodges are rather lax about that and could care less if some lodges use Jesus in their prayers.

#41 mattjtayl, Oct 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2008
  2. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

They have infiltrared into the so Baptist and the Methodist also. I have seen their rings on folks in the church of GOD, and Mormon religion also.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

From what I understand they even have a *secret handshake*..(eyes rolling).. that only they know how to do. :laugh:

That, along with the little rituals you have to go through to get in make it almost comical.

Its something along the line of the initiate is blindfolded, and they then have to shout...

"I, Steve New Guy, am in darkness, and am seeking Light!"

Someone says something like....

"Do you wish to find Light""

Steve says...

"Yes, I do!"

And on and on it goes.

I'm mean...honestly...if I somehow got suckered into trying to be "accepted", I think I would make it about halfway through the induction ceremony and then just lose it completely. Just crack up.

"Sorry guys, ...giggle, snicker...this is just too much...giggle...I'M OUTTA HERE!!!! Adios!" :laugh: :laugh:

And what buisiness does a CHRISTIAN have, who has found the Light, and is now living in the Light...saying, "I am in darkness, and am seeking light???

I'd have to turn right around at that point. No way amd I going to say I am in darkness and need the Masons to take me to the light.

:godisgood:

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

For sure, they are in many churches. But they are known for having maintained a strong presence in So Baptist churches, to such an extent that even deacons and pastors are Masons. I see this as an attack by the enemy on the church. Unfortunately, many of the Christians in these churches have not spoken out against it or taken action. No one should be allowed to be a pastor or deacon/elder if he is a Mason.

5. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Amen Sister Marcia! Or you may be a Brother, but Amen to your quote.

6. mattjtayl

mattjtayl New Member

A lot of masons are baptists. Six masons that I am aware of belong to my baptist church, maybe more. From my observation the denomination that seems to have the highest masonic population is in the methodist church, at least thats what I have observed in my area.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, Ray Marshall! :wavey:

I'm definitely a sister!

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

What stance, if any, does your church take on Masonry? Is it silent on it, like most baptist churches?

It's ironic that so many Christians have denounced the New Age when they have people belonging to a group that is very compatible with New Age beliefs.

9. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Very true. I am the first one in my family that didn't go into it, my brother left it after years of being a member. Some writing by John R. Rice helped me see the problems and stay out of it.

#49 Bob Alkire, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
  10. mattjtayl

mattjtayl New Member

Well I know our pastor has spoken privately against the masons and at least one decon that I am aware of has also spoken against the masons.

#50 mattjtayl, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
  11. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, that's the biggest problem in the church today, Masons and their evil plan to take over the world.

Every Mason that has been in the churches where I was pastor were great members, wish i had a 100 of them! My current deacon chairman is a Mason. I am not a member, don't know that I will ever even want to be one, but they have been good to me and my family.

12. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

I was a Mason before I was a Christian. NC Tentmaker stated it very well in his post...when middleage men are seeking for what is missing..many times Freemasonry seems to the answer.

But once I was born-again, I had no need to be a Mason and I demitted from my local lodge.

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I know a lot of good Wiccans and New Agers.

14. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable, blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!

- Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, p. 321, 19th Degree of Grand Pontiff;

Anyone that thinks Freemasonry is "just a men's club" or "a christian sect" is either ignorant, which can be fixed, or is foolish, willingly.

Freemasonry is modern day B'aal worship. The evidence for this is overwhelming. I don't care if they are "good people".

Mormons are good moral people, but I wouldn't want to be in a church full of them!

15. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

Another quote by Albert Pike

"That which we must say to a crowd is - We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition. To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st, and 30th degrees - The Masonic Religion should be, by alll of us initates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine.

If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay whose deeds prove his cruelty, perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests, calumniate him?
    Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods: darkness being necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive.

Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil."

Instructions to the 23 Supreme Councils of the World, July 14, 1889. Recorded by A.C. De La Rive in La Femme et l'Enfant dans la FrancMaconnerie Universelle on page 588

PURE WICKEDNESS

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats right!:thumbs:

17. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The best book on Masonry that I have found is "The Origins and Teachings of Freemasonry" by Robert Morey.

I found it to be very readable and balanced. It does not compromise, yet comes across in a very loving way. If you know a mason, get a copy and ask him to read it and tell you what he thinks. It will be a great way to start a conversation about the subject without making an enemy.

And no, I'm not Morey, and don't get anything from the book.

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

John Ankerberg also has some good materials on Masonry.

http://www.johnankerberg.com/

Click on the search button and type in masonry and a page will come up with links and info.

19. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

I don't know which book you found this valuable information. I know of two writers that this that you have shown. The two books that I know of is either Pat Robinson's "NEW WORLD ORDER." or OCCULT THEOCRACY by Lady QUeensbuary written under the name of Edith. and the rest of her name I have handy, but not in my hand. You are right about what is written concerning Albert's pike address.

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

Being good by man's standards does not equal being christian, being saved, going to heaven. By God's standards their 'good' is filthy rags.
    Doesn't matter how 'good' they are, hell is going to be full of 'good' people. And christians need not make excuses as to why they are ok why their false religion is ok, they are not.

#60 donnA, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008