1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

masons

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by jim1203, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Optional

Optional New Member

We have a Masonic Lodge near our church.
    I ask and ask these guys to provide some info, but they never will. They get real mad when you bring up secrets, though.
    Standard answer:
    "The secret is - there are no secrets!"
    Wonder why they get so mad then?
    Wonder why they won't tell you anything?

2. bustr

bustr New Member

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

What's below is pure BILGE.

Here is my summary of the show:
    Free Masonry

Definition: defines itself as a system of morality.

Begins at blue lodge
    entered apprentice -->fellow craft -->master mason.
    Most never get to master mason.
    New Masons will get a blood initiation rite. Strip of clothes, blindfolded and made to knee before a master. Master use sharp object to poke left breast till blood flow.
    Take blood oath not to reveal the secrets of masonary.
    Somewhat similar to witchcraft. End prayer with “so ‘mould?’ it be”
    Called Lucifer god.
    Quote: “Masons don’t need to understand but imagine to understand.”

Gives worship to different gods. But due to high use of occultic symbols, masons usually do not know what they worship. They have a Eyptian trinity and worship nature à the regenerative power.
    Their symbol – square and compass with a G in the center. Understood as its early founders were craftsmen of cathedrals.
    Square rep woman while compass rep man. G rep the geometrical principle of life.
    Woman cannot be mason.

What has this got to do with Christianity?
    They use scriptures and members of churches (deacons) are seen there. They are on a search for the lost name of God. They have a trinity – Jehovah, Baal, and “Osirus?”
    They reduce Jesus Christ to a mere reformer… just like Muhammed, Buddha.

For more info:
    Free the Mason Ministries
    PO Box 1076
    Issaquah, WA

:mad: PURE BILGE

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: bustr ]

3. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

From Is the Masonic Lodge a "Cult"? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bustr:
    We feel like a believer (even a non-Christian) is more honest. That is why THEY (not the lodge as a whole) are allowed to use their canon for certain things. I do not care how many articles you find from Mackey's Encyclopedia or Albert Pikes Encyclopedia. Those are their opinions; They do not reflect an official belief of the lodge. The lodge has no religion, no plan of salvation and only one written work which has never been quoted in any of the idiotic, fascist, hate-filled articles that attempt to discredit masonry. This thread is 5 pages long; I've refuted every ridiculous accusation made. I only sent it to the top because it was being discussed on another thread and I originally forgot to answer one of Bob's questions. For the last time on my part.

TTT
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:
    You say
    “I do not care how many articles you find from Mackey's Encyclopedia or Albert Pikes Encyclopedia. Those are their opinions; They do not reflect an official belief of the lodge.”

You also say
    “We feel like a believer (even a non-Christian) is more honest”
    “The lodge has no religion, no plan of salvation”

So, they cannot speak for Masonry but you can?

For the record, will you renounce Mackey and Pike (seeing as you speak for Masonry) as heraticks?

“only one written work which has never been quoted in any of the idiotic….” I’ve got a little blue book around somewhere, could that be the one you are referring to?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. Optional

Optional New Member

This is ridiculous. We can't condemn masonry for what it is, but none of the masons deign to tell us what it is? Wonder why?

An excerpt:
    One of the great authorities on Masonry was Albert Pike (1809-1901), Sovereign Grand Commander of the Southern Supreme Council of Scottish Right Freemasonry in the USA and "an honorary member of almost every Supreme Council in the world" (Albert G. Mackey, 33rd degree, and Charles T. McClenachan, 33rd degree, Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, The Masonic History Company, 1921, rev. ed.; 2:564). Pike authored Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry for the Supreme Council of the 33rd Degree, which was published by its authority. This compendium of official Masonic lore clearly traces Masonry to Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, and other Eastern religions. Albert G. Mackey, co-author of Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, is also one of Masonry's highest authorities. In his Manual of the Lodge, he traces Masonic teaching back to "the ancient rites and mysteries practiced in the very bosom of pagan darkness. ..." (Albert G. Mackey, Manual of the Lodge, Macoy and Sickles, 1802, p. 96).

In the final analysis, Masons do not adjust their beliefs to fit the Bible, the Bible is adjusted to fit their beliefs. A Mason's loyalty is never to God but to the Lodge. Coil has concluded that: "The prevailing Masonic opinion is that the Bible is only a symbol of Divine Will, Law, or Revelation, and not that its contents are Divine Law, inspired, or revealed. So far, no responsible authority has held that a Freemason must believe the Bible or any part of it." Masonry's only concern is that each person must swear by the most holy book he knows, so that he will then keep the oaths of Freemasonry.

From this page:
    Freemasonry

Now, if you won't tell us what it really is, don't object when we find out for ourselves from former masons.

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Optional ]

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Years ago,Alva McClain had a small book out about it that was good. Do what you want but from my point of view and Dr. McClain's, I don't think it is a good place for christians.

6. bustr

bustr New Member

"So, they cannot speak for Masonry but you can?"

YES! I'm not making it out to be more than it really is. It is a fraternity. Nothing more. Masonry doesn't teach ANYTHING about God, Esse, Buddha, Ghandi etc. The only requirement concerning faith is that a candidate believe in a supreme being. A supreme being. Not a lesser being like Satan, Metatron, Satanail, Azazel, Gabriel etc. etc.

"For the record, will you renounce Mackey and Pike (seeing as you speak for Masonry) as heraticks?"

Renounce them? I've never accepted their work to begin with. There books are commentaries and have no use in masonry proper. The Scottish Rite, Shriners etc. are extracurricular activities. They are not higher levels.

7. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As this topic has not evolved into a discussion on the Baptist faith, I am moving it to the "All other discussions" forum where it may receive a broader input.

Thank you all for your input.

The discussion can be found in its entirety at this link:http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=000457

Clint Kritzer

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]